Author Topic: I ran from the police for the third time.  (Read 17281 times)

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
Re: I ran from the police for the third time.
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 01:21:50 AM »
The petitioning the city for an area to ride is a good idea but only if you're a skater or street/park rider. Let's get real, only larger cities have a decent amount of flatlanders. I know where I live we have a public skate park that has no area anywhere that could be used for flatland and I can't ask for such an area to be made because I'm the ONLY person riding like this. So instead i try my luck in tennis and basketball courts. Sometimes I find parking lots that are decent but usually I get kicked out of there too since businesses are worried I'll hurt myself and sue them. Let's face it, like it or not, flatlanders are the redheaded stepchildren of BMX. We get no love. Mostly because there's only like 50 of us in the whole country.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 02:23:49 AM »
Tennis courts, most public facilities have been built due to groups lobbying for such. The city always has a public forum/meetings for zoning and park development. Be it 5 or 50 people whomever show up during these meeting, has a voice. Usually only 2 to 10 riders show up to these city meetings. If you miss the boat, then too bad, better luck next time. The reason behind where he(Jowee) lives being same city as the Voodoo Jam or near to or where it takes place, then he has some back bone to state a case. Afterall Voodoo is a mini sports attraction, can be under tourist attraction since people do travel and book hotels, use of cultural attraction...Can't type any more... try to read between the lines....OK...

Have any of you ever attended any legit events meeting or public parks development meetings, to understand how these things work and can relate to action sports? Anyway....you should, or create one to address issues and always take notes, time, etc.. Minutes. That's what you do when dealing city officials, and then you follow up. Gov't means paperwork. You have to take notes even if its scribble, so it does not become just I talked to so and so. YA DIG :mellow:

Anyway after seeing the GF Birthday cake, l'm gonna eat my apple pie... ;D :wub: :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:48:32 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:56 AM »
Well, not to be a downer, but not only do Tennis courts sand my tires away, but I have left rather large holes in the surface after slamming.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 05:22:51 AM »
hahahaahha.. i read all this thread and btw man i get what ur sayin.. and i think there all stupid whether you all think im a punk or not.. its like racism to me and my sport.. lmao

But at least u handled it better:P

and ive had that happen once me and my freind were in a closed tennis coart and some old dude start flipping out on us.. hahaha. so we grab our bikes and bailed.. ran to his car and sped off.. the guy threated to call the cops on us. and as he went to go to his house we left. he was flipping balls. But that was my story of my flatland life. i remember the most. he was all flipping out on use telling us we were ruining his coart, that they just fixed it and all this crap and yet the coart was soo crappy, huge crack all the way down the middle.. just filled in.. sayin that were messing it up..haha when honeslty it was the weather cracking the tennis coart.

anywayz were always gonna be looked down apon one way or another by people thinking were just some punks.. Im used to that fact now. and I just ride my heart out no matter where I am or go.

RIdE hard guys. PEaZ

FLAt-4-Life
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:08:17 AM by paved_paradise »
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline bmx4lif3

• Cliffhanger
  • So-Cal
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »
Man, I feel so bad for you!!!
The tennis players here litterly are like "How the f*ck do you ride your bike like that son"
But I do stay out of there way they just like me i guess :P
Come to my town
:P

Offline sir_teets

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
Surfin has a point jowee. Have you not put some holes in the tarmac when you slam it? Are you real careful and do your tires leave marks all over.

tell ol Flabby Arms McGoo to go stuff it.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
Surfin has a point jowee. Have you not put some holes in the tarmac when you slam it? Are you real careful and do your tires leave marks all over.

tell ol Flabby Arms McGoo to go stuff it.

Yeah that is bound to happen, it happens less on tennis surfaces than tarmac, but it does happen.
Tennis courts are also prone to rapidly wear out tires, we can clearly observe that by the skidmarks every turbine variation of a trick leaves on the surface.

Tennis courts are good, they are better than a highway at least, but I still prefer recently planted tarmac floors, they give me both control over the bike and less wearing on the tires.

Old tarmac is a hole differente story, when it's too grainy and uneven it's a bitch..

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 12:05:19 AM »
Tennis courts do wear out tires faster than concrete, but they aren't nearly as bad here because 1) we get a massive amount of rain and 2) these courts haven't been resurfaced since at least 2004. Also remember that nearly everything in this city is slowly sinking. This causes cracks to appear throughout the courts, many so severe that they need to be avoided. Mother nature thrashes these courts more than I ever will. Speaking of which, and in all honesty, no, I have never taken a large chunk out of the court surface, nor do I leave tire marks. The video I made recently can attest to that; there are no marks visible, and that's the court I ride at nearly every day. Tennis balls actually leave more marks than my tires.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
Tennis courts do wear out tires faster than concrete, but they aren't nearly as bad here because 1) we get a massive amount of rain and 2) these courts haven't been resurfaced since at least 2004. Also remember that nearly everything in this city is slowly sinking. This causes cracks to appear throughout the courts, many so severe that they need to be avoided. Mother nature thrashes these courts more than I ever will. Speaking of which, and in all honesty, no, I have never taken a large chunk out of the court surface, nor do I leave tire marks. The video I made recently can attest to that; there are no marks visible, and that's the court I ride at nearly every day. Tennis balls actually leave more marks than my tires.
I didn't read what everyone said, but I read all your posts, and some of the others.

People telling you that you shouldn't have ran....I just don't get it.  If you hear "Leave now, I am calling the cops" your first reaction should be to leave now, because there calling the cops.  I support that decision entirely.

One thing you might want to try is if you find a new spot, go there ONLY when no one else is there.  Early morning, late night, whenever you can be there without anyone else.  No one will complain, your not doing any damage, and no cops.  The downside is it has to be lit up, and depending on where you live, weather and bugs could be a problem....

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 01:06:28 AM »
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

FOREST

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 01:08:59 AM »

FOREST

Forrest just felt like running, that's all.  Seems that people tell him to run alot, but I think that 3 years straight was plenty.....

And by the way you didn't technically run from the cops, you just made sure you weren't there when they got there.

Offline 1wheelin

• Backpacker
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 06:23:19 AM »
If u disapear from the cops, when they do show up. Its his word against an obviously guilty, and absent bike rider. Since ur not there to defend urself, they could say anything and its gonna be written in stone. All it takes is an asshole to say ur out there on ur bike selling drugs and threatening people. U could kiss any puplic place goodbye for a while. U should just stick around and tell the cop that he was the one harassing. Just because its made for tennis doesn't mean ur not part of the public. I see people play soccer in roller hockey rinks, Football on soccer fields, and people with pocket bikes on walking pathes. All of which people never get sh*t for. Like I said before, make friends with the cops instead of hating them. At night, I ride at a 24hr gas station, in the front in the parking lot, under the lightpole with the no loitering sign on it with a cop 30ft away kicking people out for standing around.

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
I'm with you on this one Mr.Jowee, keep fighting the good fight. Public land is public land, they are usually no actual laws against the public using it.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 04:37:49 PM »
Here's how you handle those pesky tennis players and police.

Small | Large

Your welcome.

Brian

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »
Brian, that was awesome, hahaha.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.