Author Topic: Go Devils! - Riders wanted to perform at Arizona State University  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Do you live in or near Phoenix, Arizona?  Are you looking for an opportunity to expose your riding skills?  This could be your chance!

Last week we received an email from Drew Ossakow from Arizona State University.  Drew assists in the athletic marketing department for ASU, and is looking for Flatland riders to perform at upcoming ASU Sun Devils basketball games between November 14 this year and March 7 next year.  Performances should run between 4-6 minutes, and will be at half-time during the games.

This is a great opportunity for riders looking to gain exposure and media interest, and also to perform in front of large crowds.  It’s also a great way to show the world what Flatland is and to inspire! Do you feel up to the challenge?  Are you ready to dazzle the world with your riding skills and flair?  Contact Drew at ASU to find out more, and make your mark in Flatland history!

UPDATE! Drew has found a rider for the games, and would like to thank all of the riders who contacted him.  Proof positive that we have plenty of talented riders out there, who want to make their mark?  You betcha!

He was very pleased to tell us that: "The response I have received is amazing... Thank you again for your help and Go Devils!"

Offline Oltorf

• Cliffhanger
  • It's time to get serious!
Re: Go Devils! - Riders wanted to perform at Arizona State University
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »
I'm interested in that gig man, check your email Drew. give me a call. I'd like to hear more information.
thanks

dw
Sickchild           Sequence                    bmxfreestyler.com                           720 Action Sports

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »
Whoever does this would most likely want to do an old school routine using an old school set up.  :beer:

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »
Whoever does this would most likely want to do an old school routine using an old school set up.  :beer:

Yeah, why not?   Slow rolling, scuffing tricks are way cooler than those new wave fast spinning tricks.  Who wants to watch someone dance on their bike anyway?  It's all about holding that balance point while kicking the tire 10x every 2 inches!
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Oltorf

• Cliffhanger
  • It's time to get serious!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:20:21 AM »
burn!!!
mother f*ckers
Sickchild           Sequence                    bmxfreestyler.com                           720 Action Sports

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:32:05 AM »

That sentence was generated to give the person doing this show an idea of what would be a crowd pleasing routine.  Most tricks to date really don't give a rider the chance to use showmanship like tricks of the past, so using an old school format would be ideal.

As for an old school set up... I meant that the rider that is doing this must know that using black tires, large pegs, pedals and bar ends made of any kind of metal are a "No..No" while on a Basketball floor.