Author Topic: What do you think about this frame?  (Read 9749 times)

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
Re: What do you think about this frame?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
very true yeti  -_-

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 01:39:57 AM »
pfff ive talked to dozens of satisfyed kgb owners. and im completley satisfiyed with my kgb frame.

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
do you know alot about bikes? it the rear tringle warped? do you have to put loads of washers in? struggle on lining up the dropouts becuase one is lower by 4mm?
feeling the frame flex as you ride?
cracks?
ive seen every one of these on many KGBs as well as my own its the same proplems on the BMX you get for new at £99 because its cheeply made, rushed, jigs are not made well and not true and even the people who check at the end to see if its ok dont do there job proplery too

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 07:47:09 PM »
This is just scary stuff, I wonder how many frames the dudes @ KGB use per month or so, we're talking about front wheel riders (MK & Viki) maybe that's the problem and maybe that's why they still sell their frames and probably never realized that there is a problem with their stuff.

Imagine J. Puente doing is backweel combo's or even Marton, those dudes would killa KGB in a session, damn...

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 03:28:30 PM »
Im new to flat but ive been biking my whole life. ive had bent frames, broken ones, warped ones. and the kgb has given me no problems. then again, im a front wheeler...

Phatman

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »
This is just scary stuff, I wonder how many frames the dudes @ KGB use per month or so, we're talking about front wheel riders (MK & Viki) maybe that's the problem and maybe that's why they still sell their frames and probably never realized that there is a problem with their stuff.

Imagine J. Puente doing is backweel combo's or even Marton, those dudes would killa KGB in a session, damn...

I think you'll probably find, if KGB are making sh*te quality parts. Theres will be made out of much better materials probably heat treated & cost a fortune. I think its good the way they try too keep the prices down for flatlanders around the world. But think of some kid in the middle of no were who has saved his ass off to get one & its F**Ked out of the box? or he spends his time building it is delighted & in a week its unrideable? i think they need to boost there prices a little & spend the extra profit hooking themselves up with a better production company.

If they really are that bad i could never ride one, i was a little annoyed at the way my new KHE had been Clear coated, they'd hung it vertically instead of horizontally and there were 2 little bubbles on the end of the drop out where the clear had run. That really is no biggy at all but it annoyed me. if the graphics werent painted on the frame i'd strip it down & spray it myself. Mind you if i had the tools & the welding skill needed to make frames & parts id be doing it allready lol.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 01:39:23 PM »
Well then sh*t! im the "kid" mentioned earlyer who saves his ass off and bought it!

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »
I dont know, I don't ride hard but I ride everytime I can, when it's not raining I ride, almost everyday, if it rains I can't couse I have no indoor space but so far my frames have hold up pretty well, I had a Revo from Haro and an Uzi from Dragonly, than I changed to this Gypo2 grom OG and that's when I started to ride harder in terms of tricks and linking stuff so I guess I've been pretty lucky but I've never heard of the parts lifespan, is there a lifespan we can expect from each part?

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
I had a haro revo too. it was my first bmx bike. I wouldent say parts have a lifespan... but when people say somthing is poorly made, you expect it to break sooner.

Phatman

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »
Parts are an interesting thing in terms of life span, you hear of Pro riders that ride for a bike company their parts have been going "strong" when actually they've had 4 sets of forks in a year or like 3 frames etc, which i can see is perfectly fair in a prototype stage, you push things to a limit. it breaks, the limit has been pushed to far. Production parts that are being changed so constantly is a worry. I have read in many a bike check from pros that say they usually change major parts such as frames forks & bars, occasionally wheels once a year (unless they like what they have!). BUT they dont just dump them, they give them to friends or local riders in need. a guy i used to ride with a few years back was & still to my knowledge is still riding the one of the 1st set of the Inch & 1/8th head tube Premium Laggers. Thats over 10 years on the same frame?? & he doesnt take it easy either! if parts are manafactured properly & treated well, i cant see a reason why they shouldnt last until your ready to change them. As newer lighter parts move in what has to be watched is major parts becoming as replaceable as grips & tyres, because even the more well off riders will struggle to afford a frame fork & bar change every 6 months.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 07:13:29 PM »
When I buy a €250 frame I expect it to last more than a year, way more couse I can't be buying major parts every 6months, damn! Am I expecting too much from the designers/manufacturers? Hope not.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 12:58:36 PM »
From what you guys have said I HOPE it lasts a year. then ill buy a tantra frame  :P :beer:

Offline Mike - E

• Backpacker
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
yo this kgb nonsense is getting out of hand, but here is my 2 cents..

i've personally owened a psychopower for a matter of 2 years...i just got into flat 3 years ago so i slam bang but also learn alot of new things on my bike, meaning that i lean and put alot of presure on the frame when learning new things and yet no sign of stress on the necta...i''ve had it and slamed it for so long that i went through 2 paint jobs and now i currently have it raw...because paint is a mental block when you are riding and putting dirt on it everyday. so in my opinion and experience so far kgb is the sh*t AND i copped a nexion in black no gyro tabs just yesterday, now i'm fair if the frame gives me any problem i will make sure to be the first one to post.

p,s, i'll put pics up when i have it complete!
visualize the action then actualize the vision.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
that's very reassurung. considering im a 16 year old with no job... it was hard to get that frame and very depressing when people started talking about them braking left and right. I still want a tantra though  ;D

Phatman

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 05:19:55 AM »
^ They totally kick ass :) and im a big dude so when i start riding it hard i can let people know if i break it. although it doesnt help much if your 50lbs lighter than me lol.