Author Topic: Nora Cup - Flatland  (Read 12559 times)

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Nora Cup - Flatland
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »
How did Jesse make the top five?

I'm certainly not ripping him--he's one of the best riders of all time--but has he gotten ANY exposure over the last year?

I would have expected someone who showed up in more contests, videos, etc. -- like Justin or Wilhelm or Raph or Ucchie.

Anyways, I'm tempted to vote for Sam, but I'll probably wind up voting for Matthias

joelweevil

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »
nora has got to go beyond exposure only. takes into account several factors. you're right, jesse is amazing on a bike... people will always know who he is.

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
Everyone on that list is amazing, but I hope it goes to Terry. He's the hardest working man in flatland.....

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
gotta be sam

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:18:51 AM »
Terry for sure.  Not only has he hit just about every contest this year, but he does all those guerilla redbull shows and helps tons with organizing Vodoo.  Solo video being made and the Props interview.   Got to be Terry.

If it was based solely on riding it is a total toss-up, all these guys are amazing.  But for all the extra work Terry puts into flatland he deserves the win.

Brian

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 03:26:02 AM »
I'd like to write in Waldemar! I'm tempted to vote for Matthias based on his riding and style but Terry's done sooo much for flatland in the states... Damn not making this easy

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 04:01:56 AM »
voting is done. We will find out the results on Wednesday at the Nora Cup Awards party at the Hard Rock in Vegas. I am hoping Terry wins!
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
I would say terrt or sam.
Terry for putting in work and sam for really coming up busting great tricks this year. Dudes always been good but has really been pushing it this year.met him for a brief sec at voodoo seemed like a really cool guy. Good luck to all.

Offline Fat Tony

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »
If you are saying "I'm going to vote for..." then you didn't get a chance to vote.

Ride sends out an email to all the pros in our database and we ask for a name. We don't give a list or anything, so whoever gets the most "votes" from the pros are in the top 5.

Winners will be announced this Wednesday at the party in Vegas. If you can't go, check ridebmx.com late Wednesday night for the info.

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »
list of the top 5 for me would be

Sam Foakes
Matthias Dandois
Justin Miller
Matt Willhelm
Terry Adams

Just in terms of exposure and overall bad-assness.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »
I just returned from the NORA Cup awards. Terry won!!!!!
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:04:23 PM »
Terry's a cool cat for sure but if you ask ME it should of been sam, he works so hard to get to all the comps etc and the money comes out of HIS pocket, he rides for vans and kgb but get's nothing but flow, he's killed all the comps he attends and he's 1 of the nicest person/flatlander you'll ever meet.
even when he was a kid ( SORRY, THE KID ) he was aways having fun and going to the comps with his mum and dad ? the foakes family rule big time, the coolest mum and dad you'll meet too and it shows.
Sam i take my hat off to you sir and i have my own award for you next time i see you, a big box of jaffa cakes and a photo of some boobies.

you the man and don't ever forget it.
PS
and before you lot start saying its because he's from the UK its nothing to do with that at all. if you've ever seen him ride in person you'll know why, he shuts down everything with a smile on his face.

the judging system in flatland has always been fooked and heres another eg.

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 05:17:18 PM »
Area20: this was a competition in which a lot of people were able to vote, not just flatlanders. Chances are, most street riders know Terry by his name. He won.

I think all of those who were nominated were equally deserving, so there is no need to have bad feelings about the results.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »
this is kind of strange, what's the incentive for newcomers pulling really really hard innovative stuff. I mean I know that Terry has maintained a superb flatland level for years (so does Matt Wilhelm), but he has also been doing much of the same sh*t for a while.

hiro's stuff is way more complex and insane. Sam Foakes' stuff too. just my thoughts and without discrediting anyone's riding and efforts. I don't think Viky ever won the nora cup, not even when he was practically doing the most insane routines and touring all around the world...

K