Author Topic: My thoughts about flatlandfuel.com...  (Read 18120 times)

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
Re: My thoughts about flatlandfuel.com...
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
patrick is indeed a santa! even though he doesnt really check if you are a good boy or not, you will get your stuff just as fast  :wacko:

email answers at god speed, feels more like chatting!

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »
My last comment will be this, not everyone breaks their hella light frames, infact under 1% of the super light frames break. Oh, and we love you Pat  :wub:
yeah thats exactly why a large chunk of the marketplace for sale section is almost all new parts.... People aren't gettin rid of those parts/frames because they are worried about the quality of the product at all...  :rolleyes: They just want to share the love with poorer flatlanders.... they'll buy the stuff full price, and use it for a week, then sell it to everyone else at the used, but no warranty rate thats 80% of its original cost, just for the sake of being a good person......  :rolleyes:
Or the reality of it is that the rider realizes the product can't hold up to their riding, so they'll sell it almost new to recover most of their money, and leave the buyer stuck when it fails with no warranty...

1%???? which ass cheek  did you pull that random statistic from?
pat will even tell you, those really light frames will break.... Im sure pat would even go as far as to say 99% of those "hella light frames" will break....

Pat rocks!!!!
 :beer: :beer:
Sum of you aint know how nice you have it!!!!
Pat has sent me a frame and other parts from FF to Trinidad in like a Week!!!!!
He even went to the extreme and mark it as a gift so i did'nt hav to pay much to clear it!!!!
 :P
I'm soon goin to be able to see how long the parts last
but when i ride thats the last thing on my mind!!!!
 -_- -_-
I use to ride a bike wit American BB and i use to change parts every weekend,
but it never phased me cause after it's all said and done
I wanted to ride and thats wat i signed up for!!!!!
And please you act like Pat makes the parts and put them on
the shelves!!!
 :huh: :huh:
From what i see is a bunch of females bitching bout need less sh*t!!!!
 :angry:
You all should at least be happy for wat you got!!!!
Some people in other countries aint got wat you hav,they stille ride and if they could get the treatment  that Pat gives you all,trust me Flatland would be in the olympics!!!!!
So i think you all should hop off of Pat's nutz and go outside and ride!!!!!
 ;D :beer: ;D
"Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side...... a dark side.....and it holds the universe together" Mikato Soul

Offline flatlandsapex

• Cliffhanger
    • Ice Ice Baby is hard, bee-otch :o)
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 09:56:19 PM »
I dunno.  Once I ordered some things from FF and it took 3 days to get here instead of 2.  That was 24 hours of uneasiness.  I would order from Danscomp, but I ordered a GT Pro Freestyle Tour Team from them in 1988 and I'm still waiting on it.  The tracking number says it is in hell.

Just kidding.  :beer:
Will everybody stop killing each other, please?  Thank you and goodnight.

Offline 1wheelin

• Backpacker
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
FF rocks! Pat def. Goes out of his way to make people happy. He once send me 1 grip-stop screw. Who does that? Good luck with dans comp... As far as mail order companies go, FF #1

Offline ShaneDaCrane

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
 I declare from this moment forward Pat shall hence forth be called "LORD PAT!" All Hail LORD PATrick Noble flatland knight.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:27 AM »
All new stuff is in. Animal pedals, Ipedals, Magic fruits pegs and nankai caps, Quamen pops in anodized colours, DK golf bags to trick the airlines{brilliant} and more.

Oh yeah, I forgot...Great service, shipping, selection of parts etc, etc, but I'd like to thank Americans in general for having a low value on the dollar for quite some time now.  ^_^
It makes flatland an affordable sport.  ;D   ^_^

Offline Tweekend

• Backpacker
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
Karl, you look so relaxed in ur Avitar.  lol  Like you can't be bothered even finishing the trick. 

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
Karl, you look so relaxed in ur Avitar.  lol  Like you can't be bothered even finishing the trick. 

Correct. I was asleep. Thus the limblessness. Flatlanding while sleepwalking is the new black pants.  :mellow:

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

the shelves!!!
Some people in other countries aint got wat you hav,they stille ride and if they could get the treatment  that Pat gives you all,trust me Flatland would be in the olympics!!!!!
well, im not saying pat makes crappy parts to put on the shelf... Im just expressing my concern that some time in the near future, these light flimsy parts are going to end up hurting someone real bad, which will cause a market shift away from super light crap that breaks as soon as you take it out of the box... If the market shifted suddenly cause pictures of video of someone getting hurt really bad with these parts popped up on the forum.... something like that could practically put pat out of business... Suddenly a lot of those $400 frames wont be worth $30....
I think pat still has inventory from when the last market shift happened... you still got those nate P dita frames pat? Even at $90 no one wants it...

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
All new stuff is in. Animal pedals, Ipedals, Magic fruits pegs and nankai caps, Quamen pops in anodized colours, DK golf bags to trick the airlines{brilliant} and more.

Oh yeah, I forgot...Great service, shipping, selection of parts etc, etc, but I'd like to thank Americans in general for having a low value on the dollar for quite some time now.  ^_^
It makes flatland an affordable sport.  ;D   ^_^
I just ordered some LE ody pedals in orange!

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »

the shelves!!!
well, im not saying pat makes crappy parts to put on the shelf... Im just expressing my concern that some time in the near future, these light flimsy parts are going to end up hurting someone real bad, which will cause a market shift away from super light crap that breaks as soon as you take it out of the box... If the market shifted suddenly cause pictures of video of someone getting hurt really bad with these parts popped up on the forum.... something like that could practically put pat out of business... Suddenly a lot of those $400 frames wont be worth $30....
I think pat still has inventory from when the last market shift happened... you still got those nate P dita frames pat? Even at $90 no one wants it...

i think you are a BIT exaggurating, even if someone would get hurt really bad, the decrease wont be so drastic that it would hurt the financial side THAT bad... besides with people buying light parts while seeing other parts break, it wont change much with seeing other riders get hurt while it gets broken, maybe a bit more but not much...

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
The switch from heavy parts happened in less than a few months...
I remember the days of heavy parts... all it took was a few people on the forums talkin about how much nicer a light bike rode... and before you knew it, a lot of those heavy parts ended up in the sale section, and stayed there for a long long time... inventory sitting on shelves over a long period of time = lots of lost money... more so when its a large chunk of your inventory...

Trends happen quick in flatland... I've seen it happen plenty of times over the years...
I've seen people get rid of perfectly fine bikes just to build an all black bike, or even build one full of obnoxious colors... I've also seen guys who swore would never ride a light bike, ride light bikes..
Market shifts can happen very fast in other consumer markets, flatlands no different...

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »
back to the original topic....just received my package in record time of a within 24 hours of calling.  thanks mike/pat! jerrym

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »
simply godam amazing!
Keep it flat!

Offline 1slosvt

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
flatlandfuel is so quick for me i usually have the parts installed before pat has even returned to the office to know i even ordered any parts. hows that for service and maybe partially cuz i can just walk in the office and grab my parts might help aswell