Author Topic: My thoughts about flatlandfuel.com...  (Read 18118 times)

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
My thoughts about flatlandfuel.com...
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:27:36 AM »
I'm totally convinced that Pat has genetically altered a litter of super-powered, winged, mutant cheetahs with lasers attached to their heads - How else can my order ship that fast?

Sorry, for another "props to flatlandfuel" thread... but shipping speed is just outright amazing.  :beer:

Offline Ks Flat 43

• Hitchhiker
Re: My thoughts about flatlandfuel.com...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:58:34 AM »
Yeah. Pat ships faster than anybody in any business Ive ever dealt with. Thanks Pat!

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:10:37 AM »
He also responds to e-mails before you click the send button. Pat is amazing!

havok

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:15:50 AM »
email turn around is fantastic!!!

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:37:03 AM »
They really are awesome =D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
dear flatland fuel
you take my $
and send me much needed product
that is un obtainable anywhere else.
I love you.

thank you for having everything I need for sale
and in stock at good prices.
again
I love you.

how is it possible that you can ship so fast?
there must be a post office across the street or something.
haha.

the only thing I could even sugest for your on line store
is a whats coming soon part,  to tell us what to expect in the near future
like a new peg or tire from some company....
but
things are great now as is.
you guys rock.
I will continue to send over my $
 ;D
Old dudes can still rip

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »
He also responds to e-mails before you click the send button. Pat is amazing!

They are sending you stuff that you wanted to order before you order it ! That's fast  :wacko: Props to FF  :beer:

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »
Pat also realizes good service and fast shipping also promote his business silently. I don't think I've ever received better overall service from anywhere. And it's cool he throws stickers in always.... :D

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:51 PM »
I love the stickers...

I'm running out of places for Flatland Fuel Stickers though....

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard a legit complaint about ff....
pats a good business man...
only thing I wish is that the flatland manufacturers shift away from these flimsy products that have taken over most of pats shelf stock.... I wont buy junk that breaks real quick, and a few times I've been forced to resort to the marketplace and dans simply because pats out of what I want cause its old, or too heavy to bother stocking....
what ever happened to good sturdy parts that were light enough, but didn't break in a year?
bizhouse stems? brickhouse stems? tapered leg min-offset oddyssey flat fork? frame with the geo I want around 4.5-5lbs.... Og mcneil seat and post.... None of its there anymore....

Offline Tweekend

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
Pat looks after his long-distance customers, too.  I'm more than happy with my 'childrens bicycle frame'.  ;)  lol

Hooray for Pat..!!  And the rest of the gang, of course.

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »
only thing I wish is that the flatland manufacturers shift away from these flimsy products that have taken over most of pats shelf stock.... I wont buy junk that breaks real quick, and a few times I've been forced to resort to the marketplace and dans simply because pats out of what I want cause its old, or too heavy to bother stocking....
what ever happened to good sturdy parts that were light enough, but didn't break in a year?
bizhouse stems? brickhouse stems? tapered leg min-offset oddyssey flat fork? frame with the geo I want around 4.5-5lbs.... Og mcneil seat and post.... None of its there anymore....

very very true. I think its because companies are realizing that there are people stupid enough to buy a custom complete as their first bike, and want THE lightest bike possible. Then again it could be because they make a wee bit more profit off of people buying new parts because of the way it breaking not being covered by warranty. Kind of like KHE's policy of bent parts not being covered. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline jason_21218

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »
When you think about it, it's RIDICULOUS the variety of Flat frames he keeps in stock..........

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »

very very true. I think its because companies are realizing that there are people stupid enough to buy a custom complete as their first bike, and want THE lightest bike possible. Then again it could be because they make a wee bit more profit off of people buying new parts because of the way it breaking not being covered by warranty. Kind of like KHE's policy of bent parts not being covered. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Weight whoring is the new fad. It's a sales gimmick the younger guys buy into it like it's a standard...the Day I ever think my Simple V1 is heavy at 4.7lbs...please beat me bloody.

you don't need a 20lb bike to ride flat good and learn...lmao....

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 08:42:42 PM »
Yeah, the thing that sucks about the gimmick, is that it ends up hurting the whole community....
what else is a rider going to do when all the parts you can buy on flatland fuel are disposable 1 day use parts?
Theres only like 3 things on ff I would consider buying right now part wise(cloths, shoes not included)... the rest I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.... and theres a lot of riders who don't fall for the gimmick, who are stuck in the same boat and have to resort to dans comp to buy older flat parts that are worth the money you pay for them...