Author Topic: Flatland and helmets  (Read 13504 times)

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
Re: Flatland and helmets
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »
i say super glue a helmet to flat trix's head  :wacko:
Hhahahahah +1

Offline escapefrombmx

• Backpacker
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:18 AM »
I've never seen any flatlander wearing a helmet! It's superfluous. It's not because of a stupid look, it's because it's not necessary!! Go to either a contest or a jam. They all will tell you it's ridiculous. The only protective gear necessary are shinguards!
Do you even wear protective gear when taking out the trash? Damn newbs!!!!  ^_^ :P

i actually have a picture of Ed Nussbaum (maybe, but he's riding a green Badda Bling in its early years) riding flatland wearing a helmet.

Offline escapefrombmx

• Backpacker
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 04:51:38 AM »
I've never seen any flatlander wearing a helmet! It's superfluous. It's not because of a stupid look, it's because it's not necessary!! Go to either a contest or a jam. They all will tell you it's ridiculous. The only protective gear necessary are shinguards!
Do you even wear protective gear when taking out the trash? Damn newbs!!!!  ^_^ :P

i actually have a picture of Ed Nussbaum (maybe, but he's riding a green Badda Bling in its early years) riding flatland wearing a helmet.

ah well,.. so i really have to quote myself.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
Just get a hat and wear it backwards that way if you fall back the bill will touch first and lessen the impact, and if you fall forward just get your hands ready to do a push-up, but when it comes to learning the hang-5, a helmet wouldn't be a bad thing... But your free to wear what you want, I won't laugh at ya  :beer: :P

Terry Adams crash ninja spin Monaco Small | Large

yeah i dont agree with the hat thing..
IG: mas_xiii

Offline dk-steve

• Forkglider
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 01:15:21 AM »
do whatcha like but look at mike aitken i know he rides dirt but crazy stuff happens man

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »
do whatcha like but look at mike aitken i know he rides dirt but crazy stuff happens man

Yeah, exactly. Just look at Alex Zanardi. I know he used to drive Formula 1, but crazy stuff happens man. ;)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:33:28 AM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline ruedogg8

• Cliffhanger
  • Do it while you can!
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »
Wear a fullface healmet
Street, or Ramp Riding? Hell Yes! Flatland...uh no! Of course, if you want to set a good example to the little kids, then maybe.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2009, 05:39:44 AM »
dude seriously. who cares what people think. i wear shin guards, ankle guards, and waiting on my knee pads to come in from amazon, and im even considering buying a helmet.

seriously. i got shin guards and i learned SOOO much cause i knew i wouldnt get hurt in that area anymore. same goes for you. protect your head, buy a helmet, you will progress much faster cause you wont have fear of getting injured. once your ready, take them off! same concept goes for people who ride with brakes, when your ready, you realize you wont need them.

point of this you will progress faster. go ride hard!
IG: mas_xiii

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
i should buy full blown knight armour since im a pussy

Offline Collin T.

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
here one, i remember riding in the 80s and attempting no handed cherry pickers on my 35+lb haro.  One foot slips, body falls, and I attempt to grab the bars with one hand as im falling. ANYWHO, the falling momentum whips the bars around and i get peg'd in the temple with the bar end. Luckily i was wearing a helmet. Still got my bell rung but coulda been worse.