Author Topic: Flatland and helmets  (Read 13625 times)

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Flatland and helmets
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 12:57:41 AM »
only time i hit my head while on my bike was last week when i decided to hit a huge ramp on my signal. got about 8 feet of air, foot slipped off pedal, slid off the side and WHAM- i hit my head on the concrete  ;D ;D ;D

Helmets totally throw my balance off. :P
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 01:34:35 AM »
best way to avoid getting your head hit, tuck your head in haha...

the closest i came to hitting my head is falling on my head... i cant see how much of an uncomfortable trick you have to do to have actually relying on your luck about how u bail

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 04:23:22 AM »
Flatlanders are the only riders exempt from wearing helmets at competitions cuz it's less likley someone will suffer serious injuries!! And that's official!!

Shiz, son... tru dat!

I wear a helmet while I ride moto. Even if there wasn't a helmet law here, I'd still wear one... but I heavily oppose the helmet law on motorcycles for anyone older than a minor.

I wear a helmet while road riding (yes, a road bike, b!tches!). The thing that scares me the most on a road bike is not me crashing, but the fear of how traumatic a head injury I'd get if a car hits me.

I've crashed every way possible on a motorcycle. Lowsides at 110MPH, highsides at 70MPH... I've t-boned people, hit the kitty litter while racing, dirt riding - you name it, I've done it. But I've always worn appropriate gear, off-road gear on the dirt bike, leather on the SuperMoto and sportbike both street and track. I've been hit by cars, too (cell phones and driving don't mix). Gear saved my ass everytime. People ask me if I am hot wearing leathers - I'd rather sweat than bleed.

I think environment, speed, and type of riding has a lot to do with helmet decisions. On flat, most of us just walk off our bikes if we fall. But, if wearing a helmet while riding flat makes you feel more safe, and therefore freeing you of that anxiety and allows you to ride better... then wear a helmet!

S'all good, mang.   :beer:

louisflat

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:08 AM »
if you want to wear a helmet.
wear a f*cking helmet and stop caring about what other people think so much.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »
if you want to wear a helmet.
wear a f*cking helmet and stop caring about what other people think so much.
That didn't really contribute....

Thanks for the replies.

scottishflat

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
you can take the p*ss if you want but i respect riders who wear any form of safety gear no matter wat type of biking they do, just shows they have respect for them selfs and most important young children, as we all kno kids will copy adults if it looks kool.

monkey see monkey do XD

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:18 AM »
I would think if someone was lets say being a pedestrian for llike four 2-4 hoursd a day over a three year period that your chances of a severe head injury are acutally pretty good...curbs are a bitch...especially in rain.

Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
ONE WORD
GAY

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
ONE WORD
GAY
If I wear a helmet, I am still straight.   ^_^

Offline flatlandsapex

• Cliffhanger
    • Ice Ice Baby is hard, bee-otch :o)
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
 Just flatland in a bubble.   Heck you aren't technically even touching the ground.   Look guys, I can finally do a hitchhiker!
Will everybody stop killing each other, please?  Thank you and goodnight.

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »
ONE WORD
STUPID!

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »
who cares about what people say/think?
if you wanna use a helmet, just use it

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 04:31:23 AM »
If you wanna wear a helmet go for it! If you wanna wear a french maids out fit with a thong and a helmet...go for it! 

Just don't be pissin' and moanin' to us when you smash your balllllz cuz I forewarned all of you  about bruising your balllllllz...and even recommending the proper DOT and FDA approved male safety cup.

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:03 AM »
ONE WORD
STUPID!
I have broken my wrists, tailbone, and knocked out my teeth riding flat, (the teeth were from riding street). I never hit my head, I ride very fast, I wouldnt really see a reason to wear a helmet, unless you are doing shows and have/want to set a good example, or if you're riding street/flat. I can see where you CAN hit your head riding flat, so do what you feel is right for you.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 04:58:37 AM »
The issue here is not really what people think about it...

Is it like not even considered a flatland related thing?  For example, would it be like playing soccer with a helmet on?