Author Topic: combo's  (Read 2874 times)

Offline 666negligent999

combo's
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:42:31 AM »
just curious, for the riders who can link tricks, how long did you ride until you were able to link 1 trick into another

and what was that link?

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: combo's
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 03:46:39 AM »
only link i have is a boomerang to forward steam to wheelchair.

just see what goes into another trick and try it.
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:06:36 AM »
4.5 months in I got half lash to megaspin / turbine circle wheelys.
not realley amazing or anyting  but it makes me happy when I do it.

I try and practice every day for the past 6 months ive been riding.
is getting me in great shape !
Old dudes can still rip

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »
It all depends on the complexity...sometimes I get new links in an hour session.

The key for me is to learn the trix individually then work on ways to combo them in...for example try a squeeker to backwards peg wheelie..boom there's a small link.

Offline It's like that

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
It took me like 2 weeks to learn whiplash>elbow glide>steamroller but thats a pretty easy link, especially if you already know how to do all the tricks.

And I'm still workin on bw steamroller>spinning fw halfhiker>fw steam I still cant get out of the spin.. I've been trying for some months now.

timk4130!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:02:49 PM »
i have a different view on this because the way i see riding...yes..combos are where its at..but for the last two years ive worked on variations of backwheel tricks...now im taking those hard tricks and making them look not only very difficult..but effortless...(ex.my hardflips) witch is why ive always heard other riders say im so far behind..but so far ahead..or advanced...mike is very right...but also you have to find your strengths and weekness while riding...and exploit your strength while working on your weekness..and in the end you will be and feel not only more motivated but more stoked on getting through those weekness spots...keep riding and progressing...tk

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
 It just happens when you have a few tricks that you are comfortable with...

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:51:04 AM »
Pizza is my favorite, although Cheddar is good too. Err uhh wait... :P Come on you knew it was only a matter of time before some @sshole said it  :ph34r:

I guess it depends on the combo just like everyone said. There's some real good advice. The combos I linked were bitd as I've got to get my skills back up to snuff.  But things like Whiplash to hang 5's, or Elbow Glide to Ankle deaths, Funky Chickens to Spastic front yards etc nothing super complicated. Anyhow have patience and lsiten to these cats here. Good luck man!
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.