Author Topic: my suelo broke ! ! !  (Read 13977 times)

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
my suelo broke ! ! !
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
i went and did a peg wheeling and the bike filped underneath me. landed hard on my ass and the fliped forward as they do. go to pick the bike up and see this...

its bent the whole front end down and craked the top tube. i hope this is covered in the warrenty as its like only a month old

Offline danbob

• Funky Chicken
Re: my suelo broke ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
man and people say KHE stuff breaks easy to do that to a frame flatlanding seems a bit extreme. I guess we need to add suelo to the list of fragile items :rolleyes:

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:32:51 PM »
No freakin way!

the last time i saw a bend like that was with a khe paris 2... and the guy landed on it pretty rough.

Is this thing not heat treated or something!?
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
Holy mother of fuc k!!!
Yes, it should be covered by the warranty! Did you purchase the frame from flatlandfuel? It's cheaper to ship directly to Spain instead to the U.S., but (in case you purchased from FF) you need to get in touch with Pat and Suelo.

i read the warrenty part on the suelo site and said for me to get in contact with them and wait for a reply if it is covered by the wareenty. but while reading it they say they dont cover bends ! ! ! but it did crack aswell though. im just gutted. i was so happy with a frame for once and now this  :angry:

Offline danbob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »
If they replace it that would be real good on there part because this did happen during a "accident' if you wreck your car is GM gonna give you a new one NO but suelo will probally give you a new frame. I cant believe that happenned doing a peg wheelie gone bad :huh:

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
Wow I guess I'll keep my Suelo V1.. I dumped it PLENTY hard dozens of times only to maybe put a nick in the paint.

I still don't see scores of broken Suelos like Paris frames though. And If there's a frame out there..someone cracked one...

Offline danbob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
If they replace it that would be real good on there part because this did happen during a "accident' if you wreck your car is GM gonna give you a new one NO but suelo will probally give you a new frame.

WHen is regular riding considered an "accident"??? Getting hit by a truck is an accident.   If your GM failed during regular driving YES they would repair or replace it. Poor analogy.

flatland is not regular riding going back to a car analogy if your break your driveshaft at a dragstrip and tell them that they are not going to fix it under warranty a little different with a flatland bike becuase they are meant for "tricks" but slamming a bike on the ground from a trick gone wrong isnt regular  ridin ;D  Im not gonna say I havnt slammed a bike on the ground bailing I for certain wouldnt look at the company as the problem sh#t happens part of riding ;D If you cant afford to replace broke parts get a new hobbie I really dont know why it bothers me for people posting pics of broke parts wanting the companies to replace them. Lets run them all out of business cause everybody wants free stuff :wacko:

Prasheel

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
Nice, they're bringing back steep headtube angles!

Offline danbob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »
again: dragstrip is considered "off-road" so it is not considered regular use.

If you are flatlanding on a flatland bike isnt that using the implement for what its intended? Wheres the accident in that? Accidents are unexpected and falling in flatland is expected. So is falling in flatland an accident?

I'm not trying to start anything but the legal jargon can be confusing and I want everyone to be fully aware of what is said and what is implied and what is meant.

gotcha falling is expected but that bike had to take a good hit to do that to many variables to take in I just feel that breaking parts is expected and shouldnt be the companies problem to replace a broken bike part cause it was slammed into the ground.

byke

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »
Is that frame really heat treated?

byke

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »
European cycle consumers have a much better leg to stand on in terms of product failure compared to our american brothers. As in europe if a cycle product breaks regardless of the usage, EU law states that the cycle manufacturer (not the consumer) has to show the at their expense that the product breaking was not their fault which is a very expensive and hard to prove and generally cheaper to replace the product. But this is only in europe.

byke

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »
Is that frame really heat treated?

Yes, (unfortunately) it is!

Based on the pictures and design, I personally dont think it was heat treated or it was heat treated wrong.

byke

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »
Based on the pictures and design, I personally dont think it was heat treated or it was heat treated wrong.

http://www.suelobmx.com/cuadroeng.htm

I fully understand that suelo may think it was heat treated, but since they outsource production and generally only do the blueprints there are some areas where they have absolutely no knowledge if it was made as specified or if it was heat treated properly and since its such a precision technique it seems fully plausible from the photos shown that the frame was part of a batch of frames which were constructed wrong.

Luke

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
When my suelo v2 cracked after a couple of months, they replaced it very fast. I emailed them a pic plus my receipt and they told me where to ship it and my new frame came about a week after they received it. 

byke

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
I fully understand that suelo may think it was heat treated, but since they outsource production and generally only do the blueprints there are some areas where they have absolutely no knowledge if it was made as specified or if it was heat treated properly and since its such a precision technique it seems fully plausible from the photos shown that the frame was part of a batch of frames which were constructed wrong.

So you imply that no heat-treated bike part was actually heat-treated after welding, or what?
Suelo/FlyBikes, WTP, Ares, KHE, a Bad Thing, etc., all these companies have their stuff made in Taiwan. It's one hundred goddamn motherfuc king percent heat-treated. Get in your mind! PLEAASSEEE! ^_^ :P
Do you really think they put the stuff in the sun for like ten minutes and then say "hey, it's heat-treated!"?  ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Would be cool tho! ^_^ K, not for us....

BTW, these companies aren't any third world backyard companies.

Calm the f*ck down, and open your eyes up properly.

At no point was I implying that any of these companies were not heat treating frames.
What I am saying is because these bmx companies outsource production to frame makers who also inturn outsource the heat treatment process to other fabricators that based on what I see from the damage of the frame shown, it would appear that either that particular batch of frames were either heat treated wrong or were not heat treated at all.

At no point did I say anything about 3rd world nations or implemented anything that could be misconstrued to the level of false statements you accuse of. If you were tall enough to reach the mirror you may understand that the chip on your shoulder had nothing to do with my observation / statement in regards to the OP statement of dammage.