Author Topic: Nutrition, and riding..  (Read 9485 times)

monkeyflat

Re: Nutrition, and riding..
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 04:22:45 AM »
seems like a littrle dicsussion going on...so jyst wondering what people think of or have ever used tyrosine?  or 5-htp even

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
You shouldn't have protein supplements.

my good pal, who was WAY into fixed-gear riding (until his knee got fuct), mentioned one time that having some intense protein after hardcore exercise prevented muscle soreness/stiffness. oh, and it has to be within a half hour . . . i didn't believe him at first, but later learned that it seriously works.
whenever i'd leave the skatepark after a really hard session, i'd go to the grocery store and get an odwalla protein shake; next day i'd feel great. if i'd forget, i'd be super sore and stiff.
from drumming and riding, i learned a few things... water is the best, but if you're already dehydrated (or close to it), then gatorade will fix you up... people don't believe me on this one, but WARM water works the best as far as hydrating yourself it concerned... cold water has to sit in your stomach until its temperature matches your body's before it'll process itself. but yeah, if you're frick'n hot and about to pass out, then drink cold water...
anyway -- i've noticed it and it works... for me, anyway.
if anything, ginseng (or energy drinks w/ it) should be avoided.

this stuff might not work for everybody, but it works for me.

oh, and yesterday, i didn't have protein immediately after riding. today i'm sore (but that good kinda sore, not pain)... so there ya go.

caffeine: this come from drumming experience... caffeine from soda stiffens my muscles. caffeine from coffee loosens them. makes sense, kinda (but not really), cuz one is an additive, and the other is natural.

again -- this is just me. might not work for any of y'all...

in every meal your muscles can only take about 30 g of protein..
you need tottally 1.5 your weight in protein not to have pains and your muscles stay at the same size not to get smaller if you ride many hours and you dont have hurboante.
so if you take more it will not do nothing..
you can split that in 4-5 meals
that is working for me:
500 milk and cereals for breakfast,
one slice of brown bread with greek honey and tahini,its from 100 sesame, i dont know the name in english.
after 2-3 hours i might eat lunch(whatever there is at home)
i might eat fruits meanwhile..
banana,orange juise peach or whatever.
greek salad is very good also if you can find fresh vegetables and virgin oil..
nuts are very good also..
after i might drink more milk or eat 1-2 yogurts..
and at the end of the day i might eat something from the bbq as we have bbq every night.
together with salad..
maybe chicken fillet or steak..
i dont ride in daily basis cause my legs are hurting lately though, since i work 10-12 hours every day in stand up position and i have to walk and serve a lot.
(so i save energy and when i ride my body is in very good condition.
and you muscles might need some special kind of sweet after each session because they lose that,probably gatorade has inside..)
The thing is i dont have a day of since march so i work everyday from then.
so i burn many calories..
sometimes i even burn 4000-5000 or more calories if i ride 3-4 hours..
so i eat a lot..
anyway you just need 1.good fat like tachin,virgin oil and dried fruits,nuts,almonds and stuff.
2.hubocarbonate:like brown bread,fruits,salads and stuff
and 3.protein like chicken,milk,eggs(boiled),yogurt..
thats really it..
nothing extra will help as it will be a pill or whatever ...since you will take all the vitamins and everything for your body from this food..

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
WOOWEE fiiler up! Here's to all the Coffee junkies:
[youtube]
Small | Large
[/youtube]
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE