Author Topic: Advice-Fitting Primo Euro BB  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Jody

• Funky Chicken
Advice-Fitting Primo Euro BB
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:18:09 PM »
Hi Guys.
    I need some advice fitting this BB.I have the Euro BB tool and have tightened both ends with the axel and middle washer, should the axel be spinning with ease or with slight tension?And also should the spacers be equal on both sides?How close should the none sprocket side arm be to the frame.
               Thank You.

blindingsun

Re: Advice-Fitting Primo Euro BB
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »
the axle should turn with your finger strength only, it should feel slow and smooth, if you have to use force to turn the axle then you have over done it.  the gap between the non sproket side arm should be the same distance from the frame as the sproket side, which should mean there are more spacers on the non drive of the bb. make sure the gap is more than 3/4 mm, but even on both sides.
 :ph34r:

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:53:13 AM »
Make sure your sprocket is in line with your rear driver cog. Use spacers to get the chain totally straight otherwise unneccessary stress will be put on everything.
sausages and plants and goldfish

Offline ido rosen

• Hitchhiker
  • Flatland the Country
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »
in most cases the sprocket and the cog wont be in-line, thats ok, but not too much not in-line........
Meditate Flatland

Offline Jody

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:46:41 AM »
Hi Guys and thank you for the advice.The problem is that I run the Bizhouse arms and they are quite hard to take off while experimenting with the spacers! The none drive side is slightly closer to the frame then the drive side, is this ok or should I add another spacer? Also the chain is very close to the frame and seems to rub against it! I have a 11 tooth freecoaster and a 28 tooth front sprocket, would a 9 tooth driver with a thinner chain make a clearance? As I am assembling a Quamen G6 with the 10mm axel converters.Not sure on how to move the chain away from the frame.I have tried adding spacers but it leaves little axel room for the pegs and the nuts just come away :huh:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:27:06 PM by Jody »