Author Topic: Springer Market Square Flatland Contest  (Read 8496 times)

News_Bot

Springer Market Square Flatland Contest
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
Date: 03.09.2008

As part of the Kingston Bike Festival, there will be a Pro flatland contest being held at Springer Market Square on Wednesday, September 3. This event is free to the general public. Flatland riding is arguably the hardest discipline of cycling to master and many of the world’s best flatland riders will be in attendance displaying their skills while fighting for their share of a $5000 Pro purse.

The Springer Market Square Flatland Contest is part of the 2008 Kingston Bike Festival, going on from August 30 - September 7 at various venues across the city.

Any riders interested in attanding can preregister by contacting jamie@metrobmxjam.com.  For more info you can check out http://www.metrobmxjam.com/springer_flat_jam.html.

Offline the duke

• Hitchhiker
  • Word
Re: Springer Market Square Flatland Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:36:53 AM »
Wondering if people plan on staying in Kingston for the whole duration of this comp? Wednesday seems to have people a little confused as to whats going on?

Driving up from Georgia. Is anyone else going?

Prasheel

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
There's not much info known about what's going on, but...

It seems like its a pro only contest, but either noone's registered yet, or they don't care to inform us who's coming.

Not trying to start sh*t, but one of the organizers of this event told me to not waste my time showing up.  Take that for what its worth.

Offline PotsyBMX

• Funky Chicken
  • Longueuil - Beach area, Québec, Canada eh?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
So far the plan is that Me and Steve from drummondville and perhaps more Montreal flatlanders will show up on Tuesday morning / afternoon for this event :mellow: NOTHING concrete as of yet :mellow: Any other flatlanders planning on attending this event? Will there be any other flatlanders in the area before and / or a few days after this contest?

monkeyflat

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
So far the plan is that Me and Steve from drummondville and perhaps more Montreal flatlanders will show up on Tuesday morning / afternoon for this event :mellow: NOTHING concrete as of yet :mellow: Any other flatlanders planning on attending this event? Will there be any other flatlanders in the area before and / or a few days after this contest?

[....nvm...]

is marsan or mike coming out to this one?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:28:30 PM by E-motion »

Offline PotsyBMX

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »

[....nvm...]

So far me a.k.a Potsy, Steve from Drummondville, Jon Dowker a.k.a The Duke. And I know that Mike L. is doing shows with Steve the weekend before, so he may be there, don't know about Marsan and J-Dub, we all went riding downtown this past Saturday and J-Dub and Marsan did not show up :beer: :mellow:

monkeyflat

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

[....nvm...]

So far me a.k.a Potsy, Steve from Drummondville, Jon Dowker a.k.a The Duke. And I know that Mike L. is doing shows with Steve the weekend before, so he may be there, don't know about Marsan and J-Dub, we all went riding downtown this past Saturday and J-Dub and Marsan did not show up :beer: :mellow:

wow i dont even know but if i was going all the way to kigston..i'd rather just reach montreal...too bad i cant...with no money and not haveing any insurance for my car starting september...but umm...i'd love to ride with  those dudes and everyone else again...

plus i dont even know what the deal is with this contest...can i just go there to ride?? i doubt that...do i really want to spend my weed money just for one session...nah....but if you guys ever wnt to reach toronto or anywhere GTA for a few days and need a place and ride to stay its alls good...i'll take care of the food and whatever....mike where you at man...holla at me...whats really going on..anyone actually seen marsan in a while???...if you talk to marsan...ask him about some skittles sessions....whens dub reach back to china??

but anyways...hope yu guys can work it all out have fun at the contest

peace

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
I wonder what pro Flatlanders are riding at Springer Contest?

The list of pro riders is growing for the BMX section but none listed for the Flatland section.
Hopefully they will mention soon.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline PotsyBMX

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »

[....nvm...]

wow i dont even know but if i was going all the way to kigston..i'd rather just reach montreal...too bad i cant...with no money and not haveing any insurance for my car starting september...but umm...i'd love to ride with  those dudes and everyone else again...

plus i dont even know what the deal is with this contest...can i just go there to ride?? i doubt that...do i really want to spend my weed money just for one session...nah....but if you guys ever wnt to reach toronto or anywhere GTA for a few days and need a place and ride to stay its alls good...i'll take care of the food and whatever....mike where you at man...holla at me...whats really going on..anyone actually seen marsan in a while???...if you talk to marsan...ask him about some skittles sessions....whens dub reach back to china??

peace
The only reason why we are going to check out this contest is because it is close to Montreal :mellow: But I must admit that the details on this contest are kinda sketchy :huh: The fact that it is on a Wednesday alone makes palnning for this very difficult :beer: :huh: I am not a pro and I do work from Monday to Friday :mellow: Even though it is summer time I am sure that allot of people are working as well or getting ready to go back to school :mellow: I am sure that it will be worth attending if allot of PROs are showing up :mellow: I would rather spend time riding more seriously in Toronto but we are lacking the funds for a rental car or truck and time is an issue as well :mellow: As far as Marsan goes, he still rides but I heard that he's getting real serious about body building :ph34r:

monkeyflat

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »

[....nvm...]

peace
The only reason why we are going to check out this contest is because it is close to Montreal :mellow: But I must admit that the details on this contest are kinda sketchy :huh: The fact that it is on a Wednesday alone makes palnning for this very difficult :beer: :huh: I am not a pro and I do work from Monday to Friday :mellow: Even though it is summer time I am sure that allot of people are working as well or getting ready to go back to school :mellow: I am sure that it will be worth attending if allot of PROs are showing up :mellow: I would rather spend time riding more seriously in Toronto but we are lacking the funds for a rental car or truck and time is an issue as well :mellow: As far as Marsan goes, he still rides but I heard that he's getting real serious about body building :ph34r:

yea thats cool...one thing i noticed is you use a lot of the smileys ...almost like a full stop at the end of every sentence...i dont understand them...do you actually have sunglasses on and then had a beer -were confused and took them off and then put them back on again and grew an afro?haha...nah nah...im kidding....anyways have fun at the contest/jam..nice to hear marsans still well and alive...take care
peace

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 07:05:39 AM »
HAHAHA...E-Mot's that funny. All the ASC posse is going to the BMX event. I'm the only one who wanted to catch the Flatland gig, but I can't get the day off, getting the weekend was tuff...So if anyone checks it out take some pics...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ontarioflatland.com
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
I'm going to check out the contest for sure. Dan and I are going there early wed. morning I guess. Anyone else going?
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »
I'm going to check out the contest for sure. Dan and I are going there early wed. morning I guess. Anyone else going?

Hey Lachlan,

Got any extra room? If I don't have classes that day I'm there for sure.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ontarioflatland.com
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
hey brandon!
Yeah I think we can all squeeze in my car!
What I would do is pick you up tuesday
night so you dan and I can head out early
in the morning. Is that cool with you?
Sounds fun. Prasheel, you should get your
ass out for this one!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:09:41 AM by lachlan »
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Prasheel

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »
Lachlan, the events on Wednesday...a Thursday night pickup for Fenton might not work out too well!

I'm actually interested in coming out, but I'll actually be in Windsor inbetween shows.  I'd like to do both, but can't, so deciding between 'working' and spectating at a pro only contest leaves me in Windsor.

On the plus, I absolutely love the Windsor spot.  Hopefully Alex and I will have some footage from there, as well as some riding in PA.