Author Topic: trick ideas - has this been done?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
trick ideas - has this been done?
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
Was wondering if such moves could even be done like someone jumping something and landing doing a steamroller. Maybe someone doing some street riding and coming out of a wall ride landed doing a steamroller or something similarly crazy. Has anyone ever done such a thing? Can it be done? I want to see street and flat totally converge. I want to see someone peg grind and hop off and land doing a stick b. Crazy ideas. I'm not gonna do it but I want to see someone else crazy enough to pull it off. If this kind of stuff hasn't been done yet maybe this is the next evolution. Or maybe it just isn't possible.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
Re: trick ideas - has this been done?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »
----It's possible, the question is why though really ? If you want to do that, then go ahead and learn it. The "disciplines" don't mix that much in competition, so there's one reason you don't see as much flat mixed it. And think about 1) landing in a steamroller from a wall ride half tailwhip, that's a peg/axle killer really, and 2) landing in a steamroller is just gonna slow ya down if you want to go 360* some stairs or whatever after the wallride, cause ya gotta ride out of the steamroller now etc.  Basically there's no real reason why a person would want to do that kind of stuff, unless they just wanted to do it for their own pleasure, in which case, go be that guy, do it, have fun. :)

jffe

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
----It's possible, the question is why though really ? If you want to do that, then go ahead and learn it. The "disciplines" don't mix that much in competition, so there's one reason you don't see as much flat mixed it. And think about 1) landing in a steamroller from a wall ride half tailwhip, that's a peg/axle killer really, and 2) landing in a steamroller is just gonna slow ya down if you want to go 360* some stairs or whatever after the wallride, cause ya gotta ride out of the steamroller now etc.  Basically there's no real reason why a person would want to do that kind of stuff, unless they just wanted to do it for their own pleasure, in which case, go be that guy, do it, have fun. :)

jffe

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read... I can't believe I've dignified this posts existence. . .  :rolleyes:

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »
tech

Small | Large

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »

jffe

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read... I can't believe I've dignified this posts existence. . .  :rolleyes:

----Even worse, you didn't say what your issue was with it, so wow, ya really wasted 30 or so letters there.

jffe

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »
http://thecomeupbmx.net/post.php?pid=5720  :beer:

HA! Now that was cool! A steamroller to a peg grind and even a ride out. Nice.

timk4130!

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 03:28:42 AM »
i filmed a very good friend of mine in louisville ky over the weekend doing a hang nothing while riding a curved wall...so hang nothing wall ride...ill post it up when he is ready to show it...

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 06:03:35 AM »
Yeah Pedro Melo has done a lot of crazy sh*t like this. He doesn't limit himself by asking 'why'. Like Pete said, you do what you want. Pedro always seemed to me to be very stoked about riding - except when some pro riders dissed him and someone threw their bike at him at a contest because he was using too much space during practice. That's another story. If you want to be told which of your heroes are assholes then PM me.

Anybody who has a reason why for anything in life just created that reason for themselves out of self importance or fear or something else. Just like how any man creates purpose or God in his life. If you need a lot of meaning for everything you do then go and create that meaning but watch out that you don't become arrogant and a worker for the fun police.

A few years ago Pedro did crazy combos that started with hopping up a set ot stairs and finished with jumping into stairs and riding down them.

A lot of stuff I see get posted here with the tag 'original' I've seen before. The important question is "does it matter?".

I don't think it does. Maybe it does to you. It all depends how much 'meaning' you need to create for yourself to be happy. It all depends on whether or not you need to feel important and need to feel like the shapes you're making are changing the world.

'nuff said!

Paul
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:08:49 AM by FlatPaul »

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 06:19:36 AM »
i once saw an ad in a magazine that shows a steamroller wallride. i believe its from a company call shamco or something.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
Flat + Street = Lungmustard

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2r9fnFYYkY[/youtube]

Offline thatunderscoreguy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
this video is really inspirational :)

x