Author Topic: freecoaster question.?  (Read 4341 times)

timk4130!

Re: freecoaster question.?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »
mike....im totally behind you for sure! i try to keep an open mind to things...but when people say this and that(i wont go into piticulars) its very frustrating...but figure it this way...those people that ride whats on fashion and not function will never find themselves truely through flatland and will always be considered cookie cutter riders in my book...its sad to truely see this happen in a sport that has no limits or directions...but thats the truth man..hope alls well...tim

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »
mike....im totally behind you for sure! i try to keep an open mind to things...but when people say this and that(i wont go into piticulars) its very frustrating...but figure it this way...those people that ride whats on fashion and not function will never find themselves truely through flatland and will always be considered cookie cutter riders in my book...its sad to truely see this happen in a sport that has no limits or directions...but thats the truth man..hope alls well...tim

I hear ya.. it's like that with modding cars that's where I get this philosophy... people bashed my parts and I throw the car on the dyno or 1/4m and say...sorry... but I have to disagree. It's always worth hearing people out though. :)

Offline gonz

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 02:59:15 AM »
If you where given the opportunity, which among these 3 freecoster hub will you pick most and why?

1. KHE Geisha Light freecoaster

2. KHE Reverse ver2

3. Ares Boo Freecocaster 2008

Please i need most deeepest advice.... thanks..

1. geisha - some thread says the studs always loosen possible solution it to use tightening compound, driver bearing receives less stress because of the stud system so thats good, i like the internals of KHE freecoasters very simple yet effective...

2. reverse 2 - if they got the driver bearing blowing issue resolved, this is a good freecoaster, no problem with loose stud because its 1pcs axle, downside it is 14mm you need to tweak your dropouts i use quamen frame so reverse is a good option for me.. this would be a strong FC but one thing that keeps me looking for other brands is the weight..

3. boo 2 - i cant imagine the problem with the cog but flatlanders are very technical person, we can definitely do something to fix that, one beauty of boo2 it is really light and you have the option to use Ti axle...

i believe theres no perfect FC for us, just read all the comments of the riders and its up to you to decide which FC easy to deal with...