Author Topic: Post your S&M Sabbath  (Read 28302 times)

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
Re: Post your S&M Sabbath
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 03:43:49 AM »
Thats one fatass frame...

might as well hang it on the wall and keep it as a collectible..

He`s got a huge bike collection and he rides them all.The way it should be,bikes are meant to be ridden. :beer:

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
oh i know he has a bike collection and he rides them all, it just seems very uncomfortable to ride something tank like like that  ^_^

g-man

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
oh i know he has a bike collection and he rides them all, it just seems very uncomfortable to ride something tank like like that  ^_^
Whats this big deal if your bike weighs 24lbs instead of 22lbs. I'd rather ride a tank, than a paper mache frame :P ;D

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
im not saying ride a paper bike, i myself have an inertia, im saying it seems uncomfortable to ride that  :P

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »
ya know its kind of funny realley - but bikes in the 35 / 40 pound range are not that hard for me to ride now that I have learned an arsenal of tricks and how trick balance works on my lighter bikes in the 23 pound range - I know how they all work and balance so I can just add more boddy language counterbalance to the heavy bikes to do all the tricks.

there are only a fiew things that are much more alkward  -  like poping up in hang 5   or swinging around the frame to grab foward steamroller  with a tank of a bike requires alot of rider effort to sucesfully make the trick - but its no harder than with a regular light weight flatland bike -  it just takes more boddy mussle and counterbalance to get it around.

BUT
the upside to all the extra weight is more stability I guess in the trick it self.
imagine you get on a big ol bike and start doing the trick mc circle.  and the bike gets moving around and has all that momentum helping you keep the trick happening.   even if there is slight rider error on scuff or angle for a moment the bike momentum and inertia will help save the trick from instant failure like it would with a light weight sensitive riding bike.

same thing with doing mega spins and other similar related stuff.   sometimes is verry tricky to get just right with light weight bikes as they are so ficcle - but the big boy bikes are much more forgiving to "slopy" rider imput I guess - and by sloppy I mean not exactly 100% dialed in super pro related riding styles.   more or less the every day rider who makes a fiew minor mistakes in riding styles can save the line and keep the trick going
Old dudes can still rip

Offline TheSabbath1

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »
Gotta love the SABBATH.  I just picked up 1 not to long ago. I am looking for a S&M Stem,seat,and seat post if anyone has one for sale just send me a message. I will post some pics of mine when photo bucket is up and running again..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:29:21 PM by TheSabbath1 »

Offline TheSabbath1

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
The outside pictures are before. The inside pics are as it sets now...

Offline polanco

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
 sabbaths are a true war chariot indeed...true mid school classic fare.I have two,one,graciously bestowed upon me by my bro fred from flowzine,NY,which was his bike for years,circa 98-2002,in black and from the first or second generation,not sure.the other one is circa 2003 and which I have been riding lately,pretty much the lightest I can ride a bike and still feel comfortable

Offline TheSabbath1

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
I have been working on my SABBATH a bit. Here are a few updated pictures.

Offline zach

• Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »
here is mine. Its my main ride

Offline manteo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Killer pics. Sabbaths are timeless.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team