Author Topic: KHE Dafunction frame  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
KHE Dafunction frame
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »

Finally the first prototypes of Daniel Fuhrmann's KHE signature frame Dafunction arrived. Daniel is testing the frame now and he wants to tell you a few things about the idea behind the frame and the complete bike:

When I was designing the frame 3 facts were important for me. First of all the frame should fit my style of riding, furthermore it should be very stable and inexpensive. For me 'functional' means a lot of space. I am tired of hitting my knee against the seat, because of that i chose a longer rear end. Moreover my frame should have lots of space above the toptube for making jumps easier. This is  necessary for tricks like X-footed Hang Ten, too. Therefore the bended toptube. It’s the same with the downtube. In my opinion stability is more important than the weight. In addition i want to annotate, that the best form for a frame is a triangle. The triangle form is ideal to balance and absorb the powers.
The frame is 100 % CrMo and nevertheless it is cheaper than the other frames. That was very important for me. I remember the times when i had to save money for months only to get a new frame. At that time i decided to make a low-priced frame whenever it is possible. And now, it is possible.
Beginners are very important in my opinion. Now they have the possibility to ride a good frame from the very first, because KHE will use the frame for its beginner complete bikes. The low price is possible, because there is no knick-knack and needless stuff. What you will get is a complete bike with CrMo parts, freecoaster and the Dafunction frame.

Photos of the frame, complete bike and Daniel's current setup are available here.  

Offline JIMBO420

• Backpacker
  • HARDCORE
Re: KHE Dafunction frame
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 05:18:09 AM »
When is khe going to realize that noone likes that stupid f-set? I would buy a new khe frame, but the stupid gyro keeps me from it.

mutt

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 09:25:07 AM »
gangsta up fool
yeah i dont like the f-set
no doubt

KinKou

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:08:36 PM »
Just looks like most other frames out there at the moment  :P

KK

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »
Yep, KHE should've already notest that riders are not very satisfied with that f-set but I guess ppl keep buying them anyway...

The frame is nice, it doesn't look that good but it's definetly something good to put on a begginer's bike.

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 01:47:29 AM »
i cant personally see how producing so many flatland frames can be a good move for khe,sure you have choice,but to release an average looking frame after already releasing better looking ones(R I P, paris,) is gonna help mr furman shift it

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 03:22:10 PM »
That's what happens when you have lots of money to spend. KHE is releasing limited editon frames but since they're like three now thy're not so limited lol

Anyway, they still only have got one production frame, Equilibrium, now to be realease with the internal headset feature which will apeal to more riders so...

Offline coaster

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »
I'm looking forwards to get this one as a second bike. I like to get a bike with a backbreak and i always disliked the gyros that killed my knees and T shirt like when you do yunkyards and stuff like that.  I ride my regular bike without backbreak but sometimes i like to ride miniramps  a bit. So i like to get a cheap F- set bike with a longer backend and a 18,75- 19 TT. So Daniels frame looks nice and got all i need. I like it.