Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 462953 times)

Offline Jp81

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1530 on: August 31, 2023, 11:02:06 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm James and am getting back into riding after a 20 year break. I found my son a 97 Hoffman EP a few months ago and that sorta rekindled my love for riding. My 97 EP was the last bike I bought back in 1997, it was well ridden and loved. I would love to build mine back up and ride it again, but for now I'll borrow his lol.

sweet! sounds like a nice thing you've got going with your son there. did you update it or freshen it up for him? you may need some Ti parts to get the weight down a bit :D

Nothing yet as the guy I bought it from did a nice job building it up from just the frame and forks conditions he aquired it in. Yea I forgot how damn heavy these are! When the previous owner received it the frame dropouts had been machined to accommodate 14 mm axles. My original ep of course had 3/8 axles. I’m a lot bigger than I was when I stopped riding several years ago so at least when I do ride my sons bike I don’t feel like I’m gonna break the axles lol.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1531 on: August 31, 2023, 10:00:22 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm James and am getting back into riding after a 20 year break. I found my son a 97 Hoffman EP a few months ago and that sorta rekindled my love for riding. My 97 EP was the last bike I bought back in 1997, it was well ridden and loved. I would love to build mine back up and ride it again, but for now I'll borrow his lol.

sweet! sounds like a nice thing you've got going with your son there. did you update it or freshen it up for him? you may need some Ti parts to get the weight down a bit :D

Nothing yet as the guy I bought it from did a nice job building it up from just the frame and forks conditions he aquired it in. Yea I forgot how damn heavy these are! When the previous owner received it the frame dropouts had been machined to accommodate 14 mm axles. My original ep of course had 3/8 axles. I’m a lot bigger than I was when I stopped riding several years ago so at least when I do ride my sons bike I don’t feel like I’m gonna break the axles lol.

solid! goes a long way for peace of mind to have the 14mm then
would be great to see pics (upload em and link them in from IMGbb)
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)