Author Topic: RIP resurrection  (Read 18729 times)

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: RIP resurrection
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
Thatsss gonna snaappp
just like every other one of their frames does. :(

sorry to hate, but im just tryin to look out for the riders out there who cant afford new frames every few months. its just the way it is...KHE frames suck, and id like to see someone get a quality frame that will last rather than getting something from KHE that sucks.
ok...yea, EVERY frame is capable of cracking or bending, but KHEs just crack and bend alot quicker than most others do. the proof is in the pudding.

heres a few advertising slogans i came up with for KHE-

"KHE- hates you!"

"KHE- wants your money"

"KHE-good ideas, bad execution"

"KHE-we sponsor many events, only so people will see our name and think were whats up"

"KHE-if u break your neck when u break our frames, tuff sh*t"

vote for your favorite, come up with your own, or hate ME for being honest.

These are the kind of threads I hate to see. You do hear about a lot more KHEs breaking than other brands. Do you want to know why? Because KHE sells more frames than anyone else. Based on the US market, flatlandfuel sees a lower percentage of cracked frames from KHE than from just about any other brand. Percentage. Beyond that KHE is VERY good about warrantying their frames. No hassles and done quickly. That can not be said about every other company. Another thing to keep in mind is that we no longer ride 6 lb+ frames. Most frames are 4.5lb and under. They are going to crack. Lifespan is going to be less. You have to accept that. KHE and other manufacturers could make a 5.5lb+ frame that would last nearly forever but nobody would buy it. The demand is for the lightest stuff. I have only had to warranty one RIP frame. Bram did good with his frame design.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmpŪ
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
These are the kind of threads I hate to see. You do hear about a lot more KHEs breaking than other brands. Do you want to know why? Because KHE sells more frames than anyone else. Based on the US market, flatlandfuel sees a lower percentage of cracked frames from KHE than from just about any other brand. Percentage. Beyond that KHE is VERY good about warrantying their frames. No hassles and done quickly. That can not be said about every other company. Another thing to keep in mind is that we no longer ride 6 lb+ frames. Most frames are 4.5lb and under. They are going to crack. Lifespan is going to be less. You have to accept that. KHE and other manufacturers could make a 5.5lb+ frame that would last nearly forever but nobody would buy it. The demand is for the lightest stuff. I have only had to warranty one RIP frame. Bram did good with his frame design.

exactly. that`s what i thouht but wasn`t sure cause i didn`t have any proof but u have them so i see my prediction was prety accurate  :beer:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:17:31 PM by mare »

andy_dubz

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »
yeah cus the owner of a shop that sells khe is gonna be honest? no khe snap because there sh*te there are many frames age old  that have never snapped , ive seen so much khe stuff break its untrue whilst other brands dont at all,although i agree its the light weight trend to blame , there only decent product is the geisha , seriously ppl out there who have to spend there hard earned money on bike parts from one hard rider to another dont buy khe sh*t unless you dont mind replacing stuff regularly , wheels seatposts frames bars all khe stuff on various riders has  fallen to pieces .......
Bram you dont build frames  , bram what qualifies you to even design them ? unless your some kinda engineer or somthing we dont know about i dont see how you can calculate geometry and pressures on a frame , your just a glorified salesman end of doing a job for a company .
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:03:47 PM by andy_dubz »

Budz

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
justify it any way u want...KHE lacks in the dependability department for frames, hubs, and few other small parts. they have some of the best ideas goin, but dont take the time to work the kinks out before releasing some of the stuff. i just call it the way i see it.
im sure it wont hurt KHE sales at all tho.
they are sorta like american car companies...people know they can get better quality with a Toyota or Honda, but the american cars still sell anyway. some people are perfectly happy with their mediocre american cars(myself included), just like some people are perfectly happy with their KHEs(id rather have an american car than a KHE). whatever floats your boat. just stating my opinion...sometimes its ok to hate, if u have the facts to support your rant. check the threads for all the broken KHE frames and hubs...nuff said. whether its because they sell more or not, they still break and good money could be spend elsewhere.
sorry to p*ss all over this thread...most people know me as someone who totally supports our sport. but sometimes i need to say what i need to say. and if that means makin some waves, so be it. were all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions.
RIDE ON!

Budz

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 04:15:06 PM »
Thanx for hating
btw..im NOT hatin on you bro! i respect u 100% as a person and a rider, and im not trying to take dinner off of your table.  :beer:

Offline manu

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 04:15:26 PM »
whenever i feel down i just go on gf cuz i just know i'm gonna find some love here

Budz

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »
whenever i feel down i just go on gf cuz i just know i'm gonna find some love here
take a look at most of my posts on G-F..u will see im full of love for my fellow riders and BMX in general(not just flatland). certain things strike a nerve tho...like cheap parts. im not the one hurting the sport. cheaply made parts hurt the sport. if anything be happy i care enough to say something. :)

Offline bram

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
yeah cus the owner of a shop that sells khe is gonna be honest? no khe snap because there sh*te there are many frames age old  that have never snapped , ive seen so much khe stuff break its untrue whilst other brands dont at all,although i agree its the light weight trend to blame , there only decent product is the geisha , seriously ppl out there who have to spend there hard earned money on bike parts from one hard rider to another dont buy khe sh*t unless you dont mind replacing stuff regularly , wheels seatposts frames bars all khe stuff on various riders has  fallen to pieces .......
Bram you dont build frames  , bram what qualifies you to even design them ? unless your some kinda engineer or somthing we dont know about i dont see how you can calculate geometry and pressures on a frame , your just a glorified salesman end of doing a job for a company .

Thanx again..

Graduated engineering...................................
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:42:16 PM by bram »
RIP, TO(Y)

Max S

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »
Most of my parts have been predominantly Khe for the past 4-5 years.  I weigh about 170 lbs and put in a lot of hours each week on my bike.  I have had NOTHING from Khe fail that was made out of 4130.  Cracked an aluminum frame and snapped a pair of the aluminum K-Pro forks, but aside from that ALL of my Khe stuff has been great.  I would be interested to see how many other companies frames/parts come from the same manufacturing facility as Khe' frames/parts. -_-  I don't know, maybe riders who are pretty heavy and those who aren't that smooth or dialed should go for heavier/sturdier parts.  Nearly everyone that I know is running something that is Khe and is more than happy with whatever it is.

Offline kunstform?!

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
beside of all that stuff here in that tread..we have the frames tomorow in the shop!!...be fast we only get a few....

even i have some different views in some points of sponsoring etc.. i ve to say that khe makes good inovativ parts and thats good for flatland!...yes they can brake but every part from every company can brake..itīs all about light weigth this days so yes accept that we are not in the 90īs anymore with 4kg frames...
kunstform?!  BMX Shop - Flatlands finest shopping.

louisflat

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 06:19:05 PM »
i had a KHE aluminum fork break on me.
I didn't care because, first of all it was ridden from phil dolan first, then erin donato rode it, then i rode it.
I've had KHE pedals for almost 6 years now and they are perfect.
It is just preference.

NiteCamo

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »
You question Bram's designs? I got two things to say to you...

Bram Bar
 Dubz

Best products in their category by FAR. Ever heard of them breaking? No...

Your khe products would last a hell of alot longer if you stop drinking all that hateraid, riders don't brake frames bike throwers brake frames

Offline Cadillac_Man

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »

-_- Ok I wanted a frame designed by a Flatland Pro rider which know how to design frame with moooore room. I don't wanna frame from Engineere who onlu calculate geometry and pressures on frame. With idea like this we shoold ride 3 kg Morales  ^_^ Bram design it and took to Khe and probaly they told that ok TT can be like this but Down tube need to be bend little different, rear should have more tube thicknes of end and all this stuff

It's not so different to build frame. All good pro rider which ride 'signature frames' ride frames in 100% like they wanted. Probaly Bram get's all info from Manufacture and know how to make it strong. It's frame made by Khe designed by Bram and that's it.

Bram bar? Yeah best bar ever ! Love my Bram bar and Dubz.

I don't like that new Rip is in 90% like old Rip  -_- And is that true with that paint gwaranty? I really wanted raw my frame...

Offline slcflat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
if i remember correctly, this happened to KGB and several other flatland companies.  i've seen broken frames and parts from ALL brands but when there's a sudden surge of pics/complaints about one particular brand everyone jumps on it and blames the company for trying to rip them off and make millions of dollars on unsuspecting riders.  let's boycott ALL those companies and flatlandfuel for carrying these fraudulent items--now let's see how hard it will be to find flatland stuff and why no big companies make flatland parts.

andy_dubz

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »

Thanx again..

Graduated engineering...................................
which is why you sacrificed strength for fashionable light weight to ultimately create a weak frame is it?