Author Topic: Need help finding some loud Dutch guys from the masters!  (Read 4120 times)

Offline SteveN

Need help finding some loud Dutch guys from the masters!
« on: July 17, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
Hi guys, was at the masters this year, first big comp I've been to and it was unreal to say the least! Seeing the pros ride in the flesh is so much better than watching through film!!!

Anyway, myself and the girlfriend travelled from Ireland and stayed at the camp site and we met a few Dutch guys who were a good laugh, one of whom spent the entire Thursday night screaming, shouting and singing songs such as "Viva L'Espanol, la la la la lah!" These guys were crazy and had a lot of people there laughing!

Well to cut a long story short, on the Saturday just after the first Pro finalist finished his run I suffered a collapsed lung (for no apparent reason) and had to be rushed to the hospital where I spent 6 days in intensive care being treated and another 3 in the general ward recovering! I only returned home yesterday morning! While in hospital my girlfriend returned to the camp site alone and in an obviously bad state of shock, etc. and one of these Dutch guys (with the aid of two Belgian passers-by) was quick to help her dismantle our tent and even help carry our bags to a cab for her!

Well the point of this thread is to see if anybody knows these guys and maybe has an email address or something so I can contact them to say thanks! All I know about these guys is that there was 4 of them (two of which had red hair), they were all from The Netherlands, spent the entire Thursday night shouting and singing (a lot of times calling the Germans homo's, but seriously in good humour), one of the red haired guys lives in what he described as an old 8 story office block type thing where he lives on the first floor and it has a basement where he and his friends (and a few pros) ride and he also has a brother who entered the Pro class.

It may be a long shot but considering how tight the flat scene is in Europe I said I'd chance my arm here and hopefully be able to contact one of these guys.

If anyone knows these guys and has an email, etc. please let me know, cheers!  :beer:

Steve and Anto(inette) a.k.a. "Loner Irish Tent"/"Leprichauns"
I wonder what fish smelt like before women went swimming?

Offline James Alberto

• Funky Chicken
Re: Need help finding some loud Dutch guys from the masters!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »
The guy with the red hair is bodean and his brother is Dez Maarsen He rides in the pro class
You can contact him through his myspace since he's off to japan for a month
www.myspace.com/dezmaarsen

Offline Mr_Nico

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »
hey Steve,

I am also a dutch rider but I stayed in a nice hostel, we actually came together with Bodean and Ruben (the two guys with red hair) and heard the story about you the day after. Good to hear you are back on your feet and doing good man!

But I will send you a PM with the email adress of Bodean, than you can contact him.
cheers
Nico

Offline SteveN

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:22:44 PM »
Cheers guys, really appreciate your help with this, sound  :beer:  ;D
I wonder what fish smelt like before women went swimming?