Author Topic: Toronto Up North Jam August 2nd  (Read 20937 times)

Offline AdamJ

• Forkglider
Toronto Up North Jam August 2nd
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:18:02 PM »

750 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Christie Pits Park Rink
Located directly infront of the Christie Pits Subway Station
http://cityrinks.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=ChristiePitsRink.FrontPage

The rink is in the upper left corner of the part

Some parking next to rink, more on Crawford Street and in St.Raymond's school parking lot around the corner.

Time: 12 Noon - 8 PM

Rain Date: Saturday August 9, 2008

Accomodations: http://www.grangehotel.com is a popular dowtown hotel thats cheap.

Sponsors: ASC, Sickchild BMX, Flatlandfuel

More information including a detailed flyer and sponsers will be released shortly. 

This is event that should not be missed!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:08:09 PM by AdamJ »

apoirier

Re: Toronto Up North Jam August 2nd
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »
Alright Ontario, this jam is gonna ROCK!!!  Get excited!  Music all day!  Great riding spot, hopefully lots of riders from the surrounding area and out of town!  Hopefully some Americans will make the drive up!

Get excited!!!  Hopefully I'll be debuting some interesting backwheel tricks!  Yay!

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »
Wow!! I'm actually going to be in Toronto from July 30 to August 2.  Unfortunately I'll be without my bike, but I'll try to make an appearance on the way out.  Where is this place in relation to Nathan Phillips Square/City Hall?  I'll be staying like a block away from there.  Damn, this is the second time in a row that I go on vacation to a city that just happens to host a jam (went to NYC 3 yrs ago and stumbled upon a jam, at least I was in the group photo)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:59:46 PM by monis »

apoirier

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:41 AM »
Wow!! I'm actually going to be in Toronto from July 30 to August 2.  Unfortunately I'll be without my bike, but I'll try to make an appearance on the way out.  Where is this place in relation to Nathan Phillips Square/City Hall?  I'll be staying like a block away from there.  Damn, this is the second time in a row that I go on vacation to a city that just happens to host a jam (went to NYC 3 yrs ago and stumbled upon a jam, at least I was in the group photo)

I'm not a Toronto expert, but I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.  It'd be awesome if you just popped in Ron, hope you can!  Pass the word on too Matt Wilhelm if you can, I'm sure he's busy, but if not it'd be awesome if he could make it up!

Offline boylefilms

• Backpacker
    • boylefilms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:41:08 AM »
k nathan philips square is on queen street (between university and bay.) so look at the ttc map, and you'll see queen subway station, you can hop on the 'rocket' from there, ride it up north to younge and bloor then transfer to the east west line, go west to christie station and then in the wise words of e-motion:

"its right outside the christie subway station.  you get off at christie station and theres a christie park .... the spot is in that park....its not very hard to find actually"

heres a copy of the ttc map to eh.

http://www.8wellesley.ca/images/user/ttc_subway_route_map.gif

i think ttc fares like 2.75 or 3$ now, so be ready for that too, and seeyou there

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 04:47:29 AM »
If only....I'll have my cast on until at least august 15th. If not a little longer. (Stupid lack of arch support).

No lack of moral support. Neela, Adam, Al, Prasheel, and Mr. Fenton. All of you are golden. Every last one of you.

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »
Ok, that sounds easy enough. Thanks for the directions, I hope to see you all there!!

Offline boylefilms

• Backpacker
    • boylefilms.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »
i'm more of a stained copper... it sucks about you're foot though eh D; crazy ASC jams.

Offline Actual

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
As long as I don't have a wedding to go to.....THERE!
Cp

Offline ShaneDaCrane

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 06:11:12 AM »
 I'll be there. I'm rusty as hell and still trying to assemble a decent bike but I'll be there and I'll be riding.

apoirier

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
I'll be there. I'm rusty as hell and still trying to assemble a decent bike but I'll be there and I'll be riding.

Definitely come out!  Even if you don't get a bike assembled in time!  Ride someone elses bike, it'll be good.  Hopefully you can make it out Chris P!

Offline ShaneDaCrane

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »
Bikes together man, just not up to snuff. It's not too bad either. I'll have all or most of it upgraded by then. Wheels and tires my biggest issue. I can only run 60 psi right now and running a freewheel. Trying to round up some zero offset forks as well. Other smaller issues. All in all I can ride and have been. Not to worry, I'm already stoked about the event and I WILL be there.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
I have a wedding on the 1st, but just might be able to make it!  we'll see.  get at me chris we need to hang/ride!

apoirier

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 04:22:01 AM »
Stoked for this, riding my ass off these past few days, learning all new stuff.  This day is gonna be big!  Come out and ride everyone!!

Prasheel

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »
This is a jam of epic proportions.  Come witness what can only be labeled as unworldly progression and tricks from Alex Poirier.

Shane, I got extra parts laying around?  I got some Kore zero forks...what else you need/want?

HYPE HYPE HYPE!