Author Topic: Post your bike pics......V2  (Read 1685860 times)

Offline sackley85

• Hitchhiker
Re: Post your bike pics......V2
« Reply #1140 on: January 09, 2009, 03:16:56 AM »
some new stuff!

my cat likes it!

Nice, a little off topic but what cymbal is cut back there?

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1141 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:50 AM »
1960s old K zildjian that had bad cracks and was cut to save the cymbal/repair it so it would be playable.  The best sounding cymbal I have ever played! That one cymbal cost more than the bike!
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

Offline Iggy

« Reply #1142 on: January 09, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »

:angry: This is my wonderful "flatland" Bmx bike... I really hate the fact that it really isn't good for anything to do with flat. But I guess I can learn to do Barspins on it until I get a proper bike some time...  ^_^ Kinda funny... The bike is a Canadian made Ventre Bmx bike from the mid 90's(?)(It being Canadian the first problem, Though I'm Canadian I know it won't get make right  -_- ). It is rusted together and I just left the cranks off because they are almost useless.
But I'm sure to get a KHE bike sometime since I found a store to order though (you people in the USA are lucky for the easy access to the bike shops that support flat. Nearest one to me is a couple of days away! Its really no fun).
Well sorry for the horrid picture but it helps me to feel better  ;D
Iggy-

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1143 on: January 09, 2009, 04:33:42 AM »

:angry: This is my wonderful "flatland" Bmx bike... I really hate the fact that it really isn't good for anything to do with flat. But I guess I can learn to do Barspins on it until I get a proper bike some time...  ^_^ Kinda funny... The bike is a Canadian made Ventre Bmx bike from the mid 90's(?)(It being Canadian the first problem, Though I'm Canadian I know it won't get make right  -_- ). It is rusted together and I just left the cranks off because they are almost useless.
But I'm sure to get a KHE bike sometime since I found a store to order though (you people in the USA are lucky for the easy access to the bike shops that support flat. Nearest one to me is a couple of days away! Its really no fun).
Iggy-
If you guys start sending parts to him I quit!!!!!! ^_^ That means you KARL!

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1144 on: January 09, 2009, 04:39:02 AM »
same ole bike, few new parts..

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1145 on: January 09, 2009, 04:39:55 AM »
  A few new parts and a little touch up paint.....Russ

so you no longer a Celeste guy :huh: how do you like the new frame compared to the celeste...

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1146 on: January 09, 2009, 12:05:20 PM »

so you no longer a Celeste guy :huh: how do you like the new frame compared to the celeste...

The celeste had a longer toptube and steeper headtube than my st. martin. For me, it has help a lot, it just feels more natural. I love the way this frame rides...Russ

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
« Reply #1147 on: January 09, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

MY RIDE :ph34r: :beer:
Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat

havok

« Reply #1148 on: January 09, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »

Iggy-

why are the forks reversed?

Offline pawnshopmike

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ebay.com/sch/pawnshopmike/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Reply #1149 on: January 09, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »

Looking light & tight Russ! Have you put her on a scale lately?

Offline sackley85

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1150 on: January 09, 2009, 04:55:57 PM »
1960s old K zildjian that had bad cracks and was cut to save the cymbal/repair it so it would be playable.  The best sounding cymbal I have ever played! That one cymbal cost more than the bike!

That's what I thought, and i bet it sounds amazing... i should add an old k to my collection when i have the money to blow on it, haha.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #1151 on: January 09, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »

Iggy-

why are the forks reversed?

I cannot say for sure. The bike fit together that way though I can easily change the position. Thanks for pointing that out  ^_^I guess I overlooked that "small" problem...  :rolleyes: Oh boy. Like I've said before, I'm pretty uneducated...
Iggy-

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1152 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »

Thanks Mike, no I haven't weight it but, I guessing 'bout 18-18.5 pounds. It rides better than it did before. I lovin' the 1.35 primo tires.....Russ

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #1153 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
OK, here is my son Rutger's new BMX bike.  His 6th birthday is this Saturday.  I got this to replace the POS 12inch bike I got him from target.  I would love to see some other rides of kids his age.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1154 on: January 09, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »
^^^Fresh!^^^ 

when i was 6, my bike had solid blue rubber tires...  we used to do skids & hookslides for days until the tires were bald & starting to get flatspots.. i pounded the a$$ out of that bike!!  i think it might have been a Huffy...
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.