Author Topic: geisha light skips!!??  (Read 3281 times)

Offline cruiser_flatland

• Funky Chicken
  • rolling on twentysix
geisha light skips!!??
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »
can someone help me out?

i read other people (pete) have had problems with the geisha light like me. i took it apart and regreased it like i was supposed to (and assembled it correctly), but it sometimes doesn't catch and once i pedal hard and stop pedalling i hear this horrid bang/click. what's up with this thing?

There is only one way to success--to be able to challenge yourself and spend your life your own way.

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: geisha light skips!!??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37:44 AM »
can someone help me out?

i read other people (pete) have had problems with the geisha light like me. i took it apart and regreased it like i was supposed to (and assembled it correctly), but it sometimes doesn't catch and once i pedal hard and stop pedalling i hear this horrid bang/click. what's up with this thing?

I say take it apart again and make sure everythings ok... or send it in for another and say its defective.
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:20:24 AM »
It will run in better with time. Mine clicked for awhile, but its been perfect for over two years. Its not the light, but they work the same.
In the meantime, try putting some lube in your bb bearings and chain. The sound gets amplified through the chain to your bb.

Max S

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:32:45 AM »
The clicking that you are hearing are those little balls on the spindle with the little nuts around them.  They are spring loaded.  They may be a little tight.  If they are too tight they tend to hold the clutch in place which allows it to skip.  A friend of mine was having the same trouble with his older Geisha hub.  He just took it apart and used some WD-40 and some all in one oil and made sure that those little balls were working freely.  Regreased and put it back together and it now works perfectly.  Still clicks but as others have said it gets better with time.

Offline cruiser_flatland

• Funky Chicken
  • rolling on twentysix
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
thanks guys. i think i perfected the maintenance of this hub!!  ;D

I took it apart 3x and examined the heck out of it since it was my first geisha.

a) I bought an extra Slack Adjustment Kit and installed 2 extra washers against the Hub Stopper so the bearing fits super snug. b) used a custom extra thin washer to replace the driver side cone washer. Supertight with absolutely no gap!!

Yes, it IS a 26".

Tomorrow I retest with Fester, Percy, Thomazio and the boys at an outdoor skating rink in Sherwood Park.
There is only one way to success--to be able to challenge yourself and spend your life your own way.