Author Topic: Learned ForkGlide!  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Intelext

Learned ForkGlide!
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
Yey! Now I'm doing it like a pro ;D.

It took me like 1-2 weeks. Anyway, I don't know what to do now, I'm trying to fork glide now only on one tire (front) so my back tire is up, it's hard, but fork glide was hard when I started too and I thought that it's impossible, guess need to spend another 1-2 weeks to learn fork gliding only on 1 tire.

Any suggestions what should I learn?  :ph34r: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline gtcesflat

• Hitchhiker
Re: Learned ForkGlide!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
Congrats on clearing the Forkglides!!!!!   It gets very ADDICTIVE.  There is nothing like that feeling you get when you clear that trick you have been working on for weeks, or even months at a time. It is very hard to explain that feeling! Keep Riding and Welcome to FLATLAND......

Offline PiD

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »
Congrats man! Im working on these at the moment, frustrating to the max :)

Offline SnowFlat

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »
i find what helps progressing is not over thinking it, when you try to pull the trick off listen to music or something and just kind of zone out. i have done that throughtout everything i learned. im trying to get some links done right now and im feelin the progression, stoked for the summer riding, only 2 exams left and i got the summer to ride! :ph34r:
Do you smoke? No. What do u do then? Ride a bicycle.

Offline boylefilms

• Backpacker
    • boylefilms.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »
yeah yeah don't over analyse. if you don't know what to do next then i dunno what you'll end up riding, try new things, it doesn't have to be this trick or that trick, just fool around make up new moves, you'll prob find out that someone else made up the same more, and it has a name but it doesn't matter ride like how you feel. honestly. half the stuff i'm trying to learn i dunno what the names are...

joshd

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:47:05 AM »
Yey! Now I'm doing it like a pro ;D.

It took me like 1-2 weeks. Anyway, I don't know what to do now, I'm trying to fork glide now only on one tire (front) so my back tire is up, it's hard, but fork glide was hard when I started too and I thought that it's impossible, guess need to spend another 1-2 weeks to learn fork gliding only on 1 tire.

Any suggestions what should I learn?  :ph34r: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

congrats!  that trick is a fork wheelie btw.  if you put one of your hands on the seat and hold it it would be a steamroller...that might be the next one you can work on.  do what snicker says and learn the rideout though.

i'd suggest you start working on the kick into forward steams, and learning smoothies to get out.  you could also try to throw into a backward hiker since you got the ridein.  don't forget about karls and hang fives too :)

jd.

Offline Emerge

• www.mfbartproductions.com
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »
i just learned this trick it took me 3 days of riden 4 hours a day it feels crazy i want to try
to get backwards steams but i need to learn to get out of them and scuff better ;D :beer: