Author Topic: removing fork and headset  (Read 1947 times)

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
removing fork and headset
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »
well, im trying to remove my headset and take off my forks. is there a special tool? or technique? it seems impossible...

also, will i be able to re-use the headset? that is the only reason im doing this...

NiteCamo

Re: removing fork and headset
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:00:03 AM »
The fork race? Or the headset... Is your headset integrated?

Offline Curmudgeon

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:37:39 AM »
once you have undone the top bolt and taken off the stem, the fork should just fall out the bottom of the head tube.

if you have an intergrated/ internal headset, the bearings should also just fall out or come out with just a yank from your finger. if you headset is an external one you will need to bash the cups out (which feels as bad as it sounds)

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:34:40 AM »
i think its external, because it is sticking out and my fork is not just falling...that meansit wont work on my new frame anyways...doh

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »
well if u still wanna get it out dont be scared to smack it one
slater

Offline FromOldSchool

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »
i think its external, because it is sticking out and my fork is not just falling...that meansit wont work on my new frame anyways...doh

didn't you tell me last night that your old haro has an american bb? i don't think any integrated hs frame would have an american bb. now a days, frames that are sold today that have an american bb are buget frames and the higher ends frames have integrated hs. yes, the regular hs on the haro will not work in your new KGB frame, which uses integrated hs.