Author Topic: Turbine or Spinning Peg/Dork Wheelies?  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Robbie Belding

• Funky Chicken
Turbine or Spinning Peg/Dork Wheelies?
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »
I have just began spinning peg wheelies and I find it kind of easy to star the spin but for some reason it slows down alot after the 180 degrees has passed.... I tryed riding in faster and that helped a little bit so anyone have some trouble shooting??? ;D

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Turbine or Spinning Peg/Dork Wheelies?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:29 PM »
when you go around the 180 turn toward then end kind of let the wheel get in front of you and swing your leg in a loop. Cut a sharper circle speed up and kinda keep that cycle going.

Your losing your momentum and not following thru the spin I think.

That helps me at least.

Offline boylefilms

• Backpacker
    • boylefilms.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
i've seen people do like spinning peg wheelies SUPER slow. but yeh i dunno, i wanna do it myself, but every time i spin and start rolling backwards i loose it

Offline AndyL

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
i've seen people do like spinning peg wheelies SUPER slow. but yeh i dunno, i wanna do it myself, but every time i spin and start rolling backwards i loose it

yeh makes 3.  Only ever managed to go forwards, backwards, forwards, backwards, faceplant

katobmx

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:47:21 AM »
Ok wait spinning, turbing and a megaspin are completely different.
To spin a peg wheelie let the bike droop to the side and away from just in a regular roll, then pull it toward you.just imagine starting a megaspin but instead of flicking the bike back and scuffing you just pull it toward you in a twisting fashion(also put your free foot on the peg also to keep your body tight.)

To turbine a peg wheelie you have to roll in a circle(not tight) andlean in and toward the front of your bike and take your free foot and whip it outside of the circle. don't worry about the bike going forward again thats quite simple.

hope that wasn't confusing. ;D

el topo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:17:40 AM »
when i first figured out a single turbine i was pretty stoked. here's a short clip i made, hopefully this can help someone else  ;D now that i've improved a bit, one of the things that's kept the trick going, for me, is to not "invest too much" in the free leg coming forward; it needs to go there, but quickly come back to repeat the motion.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCLn6rxE-Ys[/youtube]

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 03:17:22 AM »
that was verry good video thanks
here is a pic of me spinning on the inside peg,

you can pretty much see the motion from my hair .  haha.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:22:00 AM by brian84corvette »
Old dudes can still rip