Author Topic: A little help here???  (Read 2515 times)

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
A little help here???
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »
:huh: I dont know if i am stupid or something but all i can do is get into a certain trick  .and then fall.  I cannot get the stuff dialed without touching !EVER! its like i am going to fast or something and not controlling it enough.   and when i spin on the back wheel, i have to do a really fast spin so i do not fall then its over i cannot keep going to link it :( and on the front wheel i  just stay stationary over the daggon thing in the same position EVERY SINGLE FREAKING  TIME!!! IT IS PISSING ME the HECK  OFF :( Should i slow down and think OR WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM HERE?   :huh:

Offline lJohnnyTheFoxl

• Cliffhanger
Re: A little help here???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »
It's all practice.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »
It's all practice.

when did u started to ride broke_khe ?

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
1998 when i was 15 i am 24 now 25 in less than a month  ... I dont ride everyday and when i ride i only ride a few hours........ if that... sometimes i wait whole seasons or only ride a few times a.season.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:52:26 AM by broke_khe »

Offline AndyL

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »
So is that maybe 15-20 times a year?  Imagine you don't ride winter or autumn generally?

Budz

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »
just stick with it. ;)
flatland can definitely be frustrating sometimes.
im personally trying to get back stuff i had dialed back in the 90s.
after alot of years off the bike with health probs, getting this stuff back again just isnt coming along as smooth and as quick as it used to. it used to be where i would come home with a new trick or 2 under my belt after every session, and now its like its taking me weeks and months to just get back even one trick i was once able to bust in my sleep and with my hands tied(so to speak). its frustrating for sure. but ya gotta keep on keepin on. u can let it get to your head to the point u start throwing your bike and getting head-aches, or u can keep it fun by going with the flow and just feeling thankful that u are out there givin it your best.
practice is key.
do u have anyone to ride with? cuz alot of times riding with people can be a big motivator.
some people like riding alone, but anyone who rides with other people will tell u that their friends are great for pointing out things u might be doing wrong, giving advice, and keepin on your a$$ to never give up.
stick with it bro, and enjoy the ride.
RIDE ON! :beer:

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »
1998 when i was 15 i am 24 now 25 in less than a month  ... I dont ride everyday and when i ride i only ride a few hours........ if that... sometimes i wait whole seasons or only ride a few times a.season.
^ that seems to be a problem. flatland is very technical so u just need to practice more. simple as that  :beer: good luck

el topo

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »
if what you're doing isn't working, try doing it differently. best of luck!

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »
yes i ride alone and i ride usually 80psi but can go to 110 but dont wanarisk blowing the tire up for i cannot afford it... I tried to go ride with no pedals LAFFFFFFFFFF  DIDNT WORK OUT TOO GOOD i put the rear pegs in the pedal bearing cups with the rear axle scerwing them together AND IT IS NOT COOL WITHOUT PEDALs makes it 10 times harder! Thank God i didnt break the chain off LOL Guess i wil just have to use the tripple wall alex redline rim which weighs 5lbs by itself PLUS NO FREECOASTER :( 

Yeah i try to grab the front left peg while doing a back wheel forward wheelie and i start to spin inward and then i fall but i can feel where i need to go and UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH pissing me off REALLY BAD!!!!! It makes mefeel like im stupid or somthing because i am 6'5 on a 18.4tt KHE stylus LOL BUt hey Screw what they think I TRY. HAHA no oneelse around here is doing what i can do hehehehehe :P

joshd

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 08:53:53 AM »
so you took your cranks off but you still have a chain on there?   :huh:
(wanting to call troll)

it sounds like you are trying stuff that is too hard for your riding level.  you have to work your way up to certain tricks.

you dont need any special light parts to do tricks, you dont *need* pedals, four pegs and two wheels is all you should need to get started, imho.  start out slow and dial in the basics before trying to move up to still like time machine, or whatever you are trying...

...that and you probably just need more bike time.  the more you ride the better you get.  everyone gets bummed on how long it takes to learn certain things, but just keep pushing and you will get it one day...and it will all be worth it.

jd.

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »
 -_- :ph34r: :beer:

joelweevil

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
yup, practice. you dont enter the masters golf tournament after practicing putt-putt for 15 minutes. think about what you are doing and work with that to make it right.