Author Topic: hopping?????  (Read 1611 times)

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
hopping?????
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »
I'm trying to get hieght on my hops!!! I'm talking from a flat run how do u increase your height!!!!
"Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side...... a dark side.....and it holds the universe together" Mikato Soul

Offline Lokalazeros

• Backpacker
Re: hopping?????
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »
Hi
Pull harder/faster on the bars
Bend your knees, push on the pedals to get the rear up.
and land.

Btw, how high are you hopping right now?
Quote from: Tj Perry
LISTEN TO THE SOUND MY TIRES MAKE ON THE PARKING LOT JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A RUBBER HOLOCAUST
Naw.  Flatland isn't difficult.  Getting a blowjob is harder.
Party All Night, Work All Day, Have Fun Everyday !

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
Like over sidewalks if i put effort into it!!!!!! Sometimes tho i my back wheel hits the sidewalk!!!!!!
"Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side...... a dark side.....and it holds the universe together" Mikato Soul

sumthinluv

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »
Then you've got some work to do! :) Try getting some cardboard boxes (cereal boxes would be good for you) to practice hopping over as you can lay them three different heights as you progress in your hop height.

Have a read here: http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html

I used that article when I was first starting to hop and it helped me loads. Mind you I still can't hop as high as the guy in the article so I should probably read it again and practice more, but I am hopping consistantly higher because of the advice given! So read it, memorise the advice and go out and practice for hours and hours....

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
It looks like this article is going to help me alot!!!! I will update u on the progress!!!!!

Offline Lokalazeros

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »
Like over sidewalks if i put effort into it!!!!!! Sometimes tho i my back wheel hits the sidewalk!!!!!!
Watch-out not to blow your tube / tire. I have destroyed so many tire when I began to hop by hitting the sidewalk  ;D
Also, put a lot of pressure in your rear tire so you don't bend/dent your rim (been there, done that :rolleyes:)
And, practice -_-
If it can motivate you, in one year i've come from ''what's a bunnyhop'' to 27+ inch.

Also, as said in the Luv' article, its all about mental game. If you think you can do it, you will. Maybe not on 1st try, but you will do it ;D
Quote from: Tj Perry
LISTEN TO THE SOUND MY TIRES MAKE ON THE PARKING LOT JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A RUBBER HOLOCAUST
Naw.  Flatland isn't difficult.  Getting a blowjob is harder.
Party All Night, Work All Day, Have Fun Everyday !

Thlayli

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
Oh sweet, BMXBasics is still up! JB left BMX several years back; it's good to know his legacy lives on.

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
from experience hops are much harder on flatbikes, i think the sortness restricts how high u can get
slater

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 03:29:38 AM »
 just practice hopping over random stuff..thats all you gotta do..

use things that will knock over if you clip them..just set random crap in the road,a tin can,cereal box, a tree branch ,wastebasket...go fast...and you can usually make it over stuff thats higher than you think you can too..

and another tip especially for up curbs pull up your front wheel /hop a little bit before you get to the object the faster your going the farther away you gotta pull up.. 

when learning bunnyhopping stuff its best not to think about it,just do it..and make sure its something that will knock over when you hit it...or your hopping onto something going over the bars sucks!!!

go fast!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:34:31 AM by AK »

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 04:44:20 AM »
sorta off topic? but...
my friend hopped 14 feet (distance, not height) on a 35 lb haro x2
it was sick