Author Topic: to u.s.a. comp/jam riders and promoters...please read.  (Read 5192 times)

timk4130!

to u.s.a. comp/jam riders and promoters...please read.
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
i wanted to start this thread..(and hopefully it will continue thoughout the 08 season) but this is a great place to thank the promoters of the jams we all attend..make new friends...and bust out new and old tricks..and just plain have fun....so to tony..scott..terry..rybak...jake jackson...matt thomas...digger...bret downs...and anyone else i forgot to add...thank you for taking time off your bike..or time away from you families to give us a place to ride together on one certain afternoon....thanks again..i do appreate the hard work and effort to keep pushing flatland in the u.s.a....take care...tim

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
Re: to u.s.a. comp/jam riders and promoters...please read.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
People like that are the backbone of the flatland scene....
Mad props for all the things you do!

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
Wow! Thanks for the Props.
Words like that are very motivating for me.

Peace
s
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

joelweevil

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:49:30 AM »
thanks, bro! and the same appreciation for your attendance and riding. it WAS fun, and the next St. Louis Jam is gonna be bigger and better!

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:00:00 AM »
I can see the next stl jam pulling in around thirty or more riders. it just happened that there are several events that are happening so close together this time around. good stuff! j

Prasheel

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:14:16 AM »
I definately give my respect to the event organizers and promoters.

I also give props to the riders that travel a further distance to come out and support, and as well the ones with busy schedules that do what they can to make sure they're there.

With the way things have been on the board recently, I'm really looking forward to attending more events, hoping that they involve a lot less BS and politics than this board.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:18:25 AM »
I am really excited to get to at least one USA jam this summer.  I hit up Toronto and Hamilton Jams/Contests because they are close by, but I am really hoping to get to a few more in the states.

I think it is important for riders of all skill levels to attend these, and at the same time, that means making these jams and contests accessable to all levels of riding.  I think Scott is doing a great thing "down in the bayou" and is pushing Amatuer Flatland.  AM flat is the key to our sport continuing and thriving and Scott is one of the key players in that field!  Thanks!

Also, big ups to Pat and FlatlandFuel.  He is also helping make flatland in the US what it is!

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 06:36:17 AM »
With the way things have been on the board recently, I'm really looking forward to attending more events, hoping that they involve a lot less BS and politics than this board.
I don't think theres too many people on this board I couldn't have a good time riding with....
Just because one disagrees with another persons views doesn't mean you have to hate them..
I've argued with jfos on a lot of issues, but I hung out with him and hoza a bit at batb.... I might disagree with a lot of the things the dude says, but he's still a cool guy... I could even hang out with tj...
Theres a lot of people that doubt I can do the hiker on the grips, but that doesn't bother me... anyone thats  walked up to me and asked to see it in person has seen it, and vouched for me... Its really not that hard of a trick if you take your cranks off and have hiker rings and the right place to do it at.... The trick was a joke when I messed around with it cause my cranks were broke, and some haters made a mountain out of a molehill cause of some underlying jealousy issues they refuse to man up to... Im sure everyones going to be buggin 2 see it at the pre-jam, so im taking my cranks off tomarrow, but if you get there after im burnt out on it, don't be hatin... I'll let someone film it, but only under the pretense that its not to be displayed on the internet... if someone wants to donate it to a video thats going to be sold... so be it... I just don't want people who doubted me and refused to show up to be proven wrong and bail on bets they made to have the satisfaction of nit-picking the trick because its not what other people hyped it up to be... They can pay for that luxury... :wub:
Theres a lot of haters out there, but it doesn't bother me at all...
 :beer:
Hope to have fun riding with everyone this weekend!

joelweevil

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
point well stated, tranq, and duly noted! by the way, got the winning lotto numbers?

timk4130!

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »
before i get back to topic...i want to say...ive seen it..and dont take your cranks off just to please other people....i wouldnt.....but anyways...i need to get in touch with matt next week or sooner to find out if i can help out in anyway for the fall jam.... as far as lapley said..he hit the nail right on the head about the  amatures being the future of our riding sport! thanks again to all the promoters and riders...because without you all ....it would just be another riding day...take care....tim

Offline matt thomas

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 01:58:14 AM »
if theres enough interest, and it sounds like there is, i will do it again for sure this fall. thanks to everyone that helped me make it possible. thanks for the kind words tim.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 02:55:12 AM »
Thanks guys for the recognition.  I'd like to send a big shout out to Scott O for continuing to put on events when the major action sports events all dropped flat.  Without seeing what Voodoo has become I would have never considered trying to put something together myself.  Same goes for all the other comp/jam organizers.  Metro Jam/FU guys have been huge too!  I have heard some rumblings about another event in the states too.  I can't say any more at the moment however. -_-

thanks
Brian Rybak

Budz

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »
im not a religious man, but can i still get an AMEN!!??!!

AMEN!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline diggerbrown

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 01:12:10 AM »
Thank's guys.See you all 2 weeks.

Later Diggs.

TJ Perry

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »
Thanks to all the organizers in the USA, Scott and Terry especially. For everyone else...