Author Topic: Pro results at VOODOO!!!  (Read 12319 times)

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
Re: Pro results at VOODOO!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »
hahaha Hot................. Caliente  :P :P :P :wacko:

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 03:17:06 AM »
I would have hated trying to judge those final runs.  Both guys pulled crazy stuff at times and slipped on the floor and sketched a bit.  I personally would have like to see some front wheel tricks from Uchie.  He has mad style and skills so you know he has dope front wheel tricks too.  Looked like a great time!! Can't wait to see the rest of the vids.  Especially what TJ shot in practice.  Great job Scott and the New Orleans crew!!

Brian

TJ Perry

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:52 AM »
I would have hated trying to judge those final runs.  Both guys pulled crazy stuff at times and slipped on the floor and sketched a bit.  I personally would have like to see some front wheel tricks from Uchie.  He has mad style and skills so you know he has dope front wheel tricks too.  Looked like a great time!! Can't wait to see the rest of the vids.  Especially what TJ shot in practice.  Great job Scott and the New Orleans crew!!

Brian

Just FYI for everyone not familiar with who Uchi is. He was the guy on the red OG in diversion 5 doing spinning backwards halfpackers at the same spot Kotaro was doing. The same guy that showed up and won the KOG final a few years back with like.. flawless insane front wheel runs.

Yeah, that guy. All back wheel now, totally ripping it and pushing things in a new direction.

Offline Toku

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 03:22:56 PM »
I found a vid of Uchie on youtube  ;D
Small | Large

Phatman

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »
That frame might be a class X 3? TJ after much dileberation & watching of the video... I can kind've understand why you guys went with uchie.

joelweevil

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
Dominik... Czech Republic Represent!!! one of the coolest riders/people i've met in a while. those BDB Fighttube frames are svelte!

Offline hijito

• Backpacker
  • Korosu!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
yeah props to Dominik. i would never imagine, 5 years ago riding with him in am contest that he would place in voodoo jam. so much talent.

Max S

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
yeah props to Dominik. i would never imagine, 5 years ago riding with him in am contest that he would place in voodoo jam. so much talent.

Not just placed, but it was literally a toss up between the top 3.  Dominik was just unfreakin real.

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Small | Large

nice ridin...like the mix of raphaels style and some bangin style ^^

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 04:02:49 AM »
First, I would like to give mad props to Scott and Terry for giving their all AGAIN in putting on yet another amazing Voodoo Jam.  So many images going through my head.  I took tons of pictures and hours and hours of sick HD video including the best bomb links at the Friday night jam.  That Jam was freakin unbelievable by the way.  I am doing a write up for Cream so keep on the look out.  Stay tuned.

TJ Perry

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 04:23:07 AM »
I'm uploading video 1 right now. Still trying to learn vegas video.. I lost my copy of Avid Xpress for my new computer so I'm very :*( to be editing with vegas ugh.

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 04:24:28 AM »
http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/index.html

Check the new video justin vs Joey.... incredible combat.........  the turbine deaht truck of joey remember me to TREVOR MEYER........... i cant wait for see the next video mixtape and see all trevor`s new combos.

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
Justin Miller is ridiculously smooth and dialed on those front wheel links.

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
I just got back to rainy ol england, thanks to scott, christie, terry, vanessa, and mickey for being amazing hosts, Uchie ripped the back wheel a new asshole, so good to see all that stuff with a genuine smile on his face, what a great advert for flatland, and what flatland should be.
Where were all the american riders? Voodoo jam is the biggest contest in the states, i personally think it deserves more support than its getting, i mean myself and jaffa made it over with no sponsor paying, not like theres another event to go to, im curious..

Max S

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
I just got back to rainy ol england, thanks to scott, christie, terry, vanessa, and mickey for being amazing hosts, Uchie ripped the back wheel a new asshole, so good to see all that stuff with a genuine smile on his face, what a great advert for flatland, and what flatland should be.
Where were all the american riders? Voodoo jam is the biggest contest in the states, i personally think it deserves more support than its getting, i mean myself and jaffa made it over with no sponsor paying, not like theres another event to go to, im curious..
^^^^+1   Yeah, I was kind of disappointed in the lack of turn out from the U.S. and Canada.  There were 6 pro riders who had registered and didn't show for whatever reason and 5 of those live in the U.S. and Canada.  Cory Fester, Travis Collier, Pete B., Jesse P., and Marcos de Jesus. Curious as to why Alex J. didn't make it.  Don't get me wrong, the contest was no less because of their absence, but I am a fan of all of these guys' riding and Voodoo is the one chance each year that I have an opportunity to see them in person so I was sort of disappointed in that aspect.
     Effraim, I want to personally give a special thanks to you and ALL of the riders who made the trip.  It was a great show!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:33:08 PM by Silky Johnson »