Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2008 - Beginner and Expert Results  (Read 13513 times)

Offline cruiser_flatland

• Funky Chicken
  • rolling on twentysix
Re: Voodoo Jam 2008 - Beginner and Expert Results
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
This really looked like a GREAT Jam!!! I feel bad I missed it...this one would've been a great experience!!

I just saw the footage on Mark's website of the beginner class and 3 cheers to all you guys. Everybody looked like they were having a lot of fun. I noticed Scott O really shows he supports this sport from all angles. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

I'm serious, thanks to all the guys in expert and beginner who already made my summer. Can't wait to get my new bike and rip it up a little so I can make it over and enter as a beginner for 2009!!!

There is only one way to success--to be able to challenge yourself and spend your life your own way.

el topo

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
Congrats to all!! And especially to you Mr. Jim McCay... very proud of ya man!!  :beer:

It's those damn Karl Kruisers you do Jim lol  :)

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I would have loved to get into some links this weekend for ya to see  :rolleyes:.

btw, talking about "rolling Karls" or "popping into a Karl" is potentially very funny/embarassing in public. trust me.  LOL

Offline El Diego

• Forkglider
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
So tyler are you going to enter pro next year or are you going to milk it again.
I remember when if you won expert you went right to pro.U should take that up.
Not talking sh*t i just think you need to move on.

False.  I placed 4th, and would gladly compete against Tyler for another year.  Winning Expert does not make you pro, the gap is so huge between the two different classes it's insane.

i think  in 3 minutes time there isnt............ but ......overall.........there is..........

Yes, What Al said.  And yes, in 3 minutes time there is a gap so ridiculously wide, it seems nearly impossible to view the other side.

I don't feel I milked this contest.  I was lucky to land the links I did.  Had Diego and Kenny qualified, I'm sure they would have beat me.  Had Al Poirier landed his links, he would have beat me.  There are so many factors that went into the results.
haha i had lots of trouble with the floor that day, next time ill be ready for sure, but you deserved the win tyler, that move you did into halfpacker to turbine was so sick! props! btw Anyone hitting up that Mid-west Contest?? im taking the greyhound up there, im going fo sho hope to see everyone there! peace
Chapin

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
If I weren't going to the Masters, I would definitely be going to the Mid West jam.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline El Diego

• Forkglider
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »
o dang! good luck!!
Chapin

flatliner

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »
Awesome Diego, can't wait to ride with you here. As for you Tyler, i am dissapointed and i know my sister is too. ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:30:41 PM by flatliner »

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:29 AM »
Thanks for the cool comments
http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/video/voodoo2008expert.wmv

Requested by Huck. This is the cherry on top of the Thread. You can now see the Battle for your self.

Keep on Riding!!

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »
Congrats to all!  Espcially Jim, Josh and Mark...great jobs guys....looks like I missed out again!

Peace;

Chris R :beer:

el topo

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 06:31:50 AM »
thanks Chris. airspeed is sick.  ;D

Kenny Boucher-

Contests are sometimes surprising in the sense that not every rider is able to ride as well as they do at home. Kenny Boucher is one contestant that hasn't been mentioned that is ridiculously good.  Every single second of his riding looks badass. He had a lot of trouble with the contest floor and is probably pretty bummed/motivated right now.  I don't know of anyone in the world who is doing some of the things he does.  I've seen him ride, so I feel compelled to thank him for coming out and tearing a hole in the parking lot outside the venue after the competition.  cheers man. one day everyone will see how talented you are.   :beer:

jm
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:43:59 AM by sweatpantz »

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »
Just posted some picks from the friday jam on the Byke Project site.  Enjoy.  www.thebykeproject.com

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:33:13 AM by The BYKE Project »

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »
Does anyone have the entire list of entries?  I'd like to know who all was there.

joelweevil

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »
hey Josh D. and Jim K., that's it. you cats are on... ;D

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
Does anyone have the entire list of entries?  I'd like to know who all was there.

dunno the exact full list but i you put a name out there I can tell you..

Anyone know what happened to Piggy?

I also got a call from Neston right before the contest and he was telling me that this Brazillian/Sau Paulo rider was up for the Voodoo Jam but he didnt have a ride from ATL and if I could find him either a ride or give him a ride....then I never heard from the guy. Hell I didnt even get his name.

Just wondering if he's still in town.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”