Author Topic: Who runs over 100 PSI in Primo Walls?  (Read 10099 times)

Bad Brain

Who runs over 100 PSI in Primo Walls?
« on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »
I just noticed a small area on my Primo Wall tire bead that sticks out a little more than the rest. It was definitely seated properly when I pumped it up. I only put 110 PSI in my tires. Is it usual for Primo Walls to have deformities or did I just get really unlucky with this one? Has anyone else had this happen? I don't wanna switch to another tire cause I really like Primo Walls but this sucks.

How many people run over 100 PSi in their Primo Walls without any problems?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:22:42 PM by Bad Brain »

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Tire Bubbles?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 05:02:52 AM »
 try reseating the tires...I think thats weird for a primo wall to do,they were the only tires I used for years cuz they never did crap like that....

Offline ryry4130

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:39:07 AM »
I just noticed a small area on my Primo Wall tire bead that sticks out a little more than the rest. It was definitely seated properly when I pumped it up. I only put 110 PSI in my tires. Is it usual for Primo Walls to have deformities or did I just get really unlucky with this one? Has anyone else had this happen? I don't wanna switch to another tire cause I really like Primo Walls but this sucks.
I had a Primo Wall tire do this to me.  I had just around 100psi in mine and the tire would buldge out slowly.  It freaked me out because it happened when I took my first ride. 

Bad Brain

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 06:57:07 AM »
try reseating the tires...I think thats weird for a primo wall to do,they were the only tires I used for years cuz they never did crap like that....

Thats why I always get Primo Walls too. I've just never put 110 PSI into them before since I rode street. If you rode them for years then I guess I just got unlucky with the one I have. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

Budz

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
Primo Walls have always been really good and reliable tires throughout the years.
the prob is that they arent really rated for super high pressure even tho most people pump them up to 100psi+ with no probs.
it IS possible that u just got a defective tire. try re-seating it like AK said, and if the problem persists, try to exchange the tire or buy a new one.
btw...how much pressure is in the tire when it starts to bubble?
and also, do u run 2 Walls? front and back. if so, are both popping out at the bead at high pressure? or is it just one tire doing this?
and last, are u using single wall rims? single wall rims are not really made to handle high pressure tires, and a problem like this isnt uncommon with those types of rims. ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 07:05:13 AM by Budz »

Bad Brain

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
Primo Walls have always been really good and reliable tires throughout the years.
the prob is that they arent really rated for super high pressure even tho most people pump them up to 100psi+ with no probs.
it IS possible that u just got a defective tire. try re-seating it like AK said, and if the problem persists, try to exchange the tire or buy a new one.
btw...how much pressure is in the tire when it starts to bubble?
and also, do u run 2 Walls? front and back. if so, are both popping out at the bead at high pressure? or is it just one tire doing this?
and last, are u using single wall rims? single wall rims are not really made to handle high pressure tires, and a problem like this isnt uncommon with those types of rims. ;)

The Primo Wall that was bubbling came off my old bike which I beat up pretty bad riding street now that I remember. I just never thought I rode that hard so I didn't think it was a big deal. The front tire is a new Primo Wall 1.85 and that holds 110 PSI no prob. I just ordered a new one from DansComp. I wanted to order from FlatlandFuel but they don't have the olive green ones. I have the Hoffman Generator rims and those tires are a b*tch to get on which is usually a good sign that the bead will not pop off. Correct me if I'm wrong. I guess it was just me expecting too much life out of an old tire.

Budz

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:36:28 PM »
ahh...now things are really making sense.hehe. ;)
and yup, usually, the tighter a tire goes onto a rim, the less chance the bead will pop.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 03:20:06 PM »
i hav 2 primo wall tires.. and they say "85 psi" :rolleyes:

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »
I never had problems with the primo wall but I never pumped it over 80psi.

Bad Brain

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 07:49:24 PM »
I never had problems with the primo wall but I never pumped it over 80psi.

When I rode street and trails I ran 70 PSI all the time. For flatland I need 110 PSI or my tire sags and throws off my balance when I put all of my weight on one wheel. I heard a lot of people put about 120 PSI in their Primo Walls so I feel pretty safe with 110. One thread said that they were tested with up to 200 PSI!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
well, if your going to use over-rated pressures, it wont be a surprise if a tire gets defective.. the probability is larger..

Bad Brain

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »
well, if your going to use over-rated pressures, it wont be a surprise if a tire gets defective.. the probability is larger..

I thought so too.. but then I thought about all of the flat riders that run Primo Walls and I know they don't stay within the recommenced 85 PSI.

Thlayli

Re: Who runs over 100 PSI in Primo Walls?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:02 PM »

I thought so too.. but then I thought about all of the flat riders that run Primo Walls and I know they don't stay within the recommenced 85 PSI.

Adjust your thinking... think about all the flat riders who stopped running Primo Walls because they're not as well-suited for flat as other tires with higher official pressure ratings.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »
Dont pay much attention to the 85 psi rating on the Wall tire. That is mainly for legal reasons to keep inept people from blowing up their tires. Primo has tested them at close to 200 psi (dont go that high though). I rode Walls for years at 120psi and never had a problem with them. Although heavy they are great tires with a nice shape and tread for flatland.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 01:05:22 AM »
My buddy runs 110 psi on his walls for a year now no problems.

It's always possible that one could get a defective -insert product here- .