Author Topic: freecoaster help  (Read 3787 times)

Offline kheflatland89

• Forkglider
freecoaster help
« on: July 28, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »
my freecoaster is gay.everytime the wheel moves forward the cranks spin with it. i need to know how to fix this. thanks

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: freecoaster help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
Maybe you should at least tell which freecoaster we are talking about ;)

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »
I bet he's talking about the Geisha. Mine does that all the time and I hate it. Also, when I'm doing megaspins, the pedals move backwards. Two days after I got it, the spring balls got stucked because they had no grease and they created a "channel" in the inner part of the clutch barrel piece. Also, the noise hasn't gone away at all. I just contacted Thomas from KHE to see how can I get a new clutch barrel piece. Wish me luck!

Offline jed

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »
Just work it in, make sure the axle adapters and everything are all in tight and good and just ride it til it breaks in. I took mine apart to see how it works and to add spacers and I just fiddled with it and now it works. Give it time, but also like that dude said make sure there's grease in it.

Offline alonso

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:25:51 AM »
khe need a new design for freecoaster , i have one, in the first 3 days of use it is a sh*tt, after i put grease and the problems gone, but if i design a freecoaster , its be very different to the geisha, more similar to the arestic boo. single axle but with bearing stops like the front sealed axles, 3 sealed b. some simple. and the spring system can be a ruber ring, i test one in the haro turbine and it work perfect.

Offline kheflatland89

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »
it is the taska peice of sh*t if that helps you at all

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 07:47:44 AM »
The famous channel the spring balls did to my clutch barrel. However, KHE will hook me up with a new one so I hope the problem is solved after getting the new clutch barrel.