Author Topic: Aaaaack.  (Read 1384 times)

Thlayli

Aaaaack.
« on: May 27, 2008, 05:40:30 AM »
I've been waiting to change my bars until the Chase bars come out. Seems fair, as my 44's were still serving me faithfully. From the looks of everybody's "in-stock" listings, I missed out on my #2 choice, the OG Caramel2... but that's okay, because my 44's were still serving me faithfully.

Sadly, my 44's are finally no longer serving me. They've slipped hard; it's ugly. I'll need to assess the damage more thoroughly to be certain, but things just look ugly right now. Slipped in a tight stem. Pulled back into place with no effort. I can see strips of stuff scraped away. Ugly.

Can't wait for the Chase bars now. Gotta pick something similar. Crap.

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
Re: Aaaaack.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »
Mountain Top Fab T4 bars or the Sequence Xan Bars rule.

Thlayli

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01:55 AM »
Yeah, I'm looking at both of the MTF models or the Sickchild Metal years, or the KGB Electro. I just need to find out if any of those are in stock in 8" with sweep. Those specs are the important ones.

Thlayli

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
I ordered the Sickchild bars. All else being equal, they cost less than the Tonys, and I could get them in a variation of red.

timk4130!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »
i was talking to steph cera over the weekend and told him that my mtf bars where the best purchase in along time...i got the same ones you are looking into...and by far...since december...have been money well spent...if pat doesnt have any left in the size you are looking into...then he can most likey order them.....tim

Thlayli

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »
Yeah, those MTF bars are killer.

I hadn't even really thought about the Sickchild bars, strangely enough, until I checked out Danscomp, just for sh*ts and giggles. Danscomp has a more thorough listing of the specs for them compared to FF, and the specs called out to me... so I went back to FF and ordered them. ^_^