Author Topic: Post your Ares Bykes! I'll start with mine...  (Read 36273 times)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Re: Post your Ares Bykes! I'll start with mine...
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »

Oh sh*t thats nice, more pictures? what front tire is that btw? is it a slic or is it a bald tyre?

More pics coming. I have been super busy with Voodoo Jam.
Tire is bald and its Ares A Class tire. I am building a new front wheel. I need a new tire.

Actually I added some grey bars and I am waiting on my new grey forks. Its gonna be sick when Im done.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
1. Yes
2. Ares Garuda
3. Yes
Thanks !

I'll have to have a closer look at these Garuda frames. They seems pretty interesting !
Could someone trow me some specs on the Garuda ? I couldn't read them on the official website since it seems to be written in a way my browser can't show me correctly (chineise ?!), and I could not find it on FF neither. thanks !
Try my website, unfortunately Flatland fuel does not carry these frames. www.arebykesamerica.com. We have the 2007 frame up there. The 2008 will be available sometime in August. But its a pre order deal for the most part. They sell out super fast.
Some changes for 2007 to 2008 but we will release those after testing is done.
thanks
scott
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Lokalazeros

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
Hey thanks Scott !
Quote from: Tj Perry
LISTEN TO THE SOUND MY TIRES MAKE ON THE PARKING LOT JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A RUBBER HOLOCAUST
Naw.  Flatland isn't difficult.  Getting a blowjob is harder.
Party All Night, Work All Day, Have Fun Everyday !

katobmx

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »
1. Yes
2. Ares Garuda
3. Yes
Thanks !

I'll have to have a closer look at these Garuda frames. They seems pretty interesting !
Could someone trow me some specs on the Garuda ? I couldn't read them on the official website since it seems to be written in a way my browser can't show me correctly (chineise ?!), and I could not find it on FF neither. thanks !
Try my website, unfortunately Flatland fuel does not carry these frames. www.arebykesamerica.com. We have the 2007 frame up there. The 2008 will be available sometime in August. But its a pre order deal for the most part. They sell out super fast.
Some changes for 2007 to 2008 but we will release those after testing is done.
thanks
scott
why is that?

blindingsun

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »
i want a garuda soo hard i'd swap both my kgbs

Phatman

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:02 PM »
Does anyone know the Outer Diameter for Top tube, Down tube, Seat & Chain Stay Tubing on the AY EX 47 Frame? If they do can you post it up in here please or PM me. Thanks.

Phatman

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 11:57:18 PM »
Awwww that sucks :( i want to have tubing that size on my new frame :( it looks so smooth & sexyfulls.

Thlayli

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »
Does anyone know the Outer Diameter for Top tube, Down tube, Seat & Chain Stay Tubing on the AY EX 47 Frame? If they do can you post it up in here please or PM me. Thanks.

Don't trust my measurements too much; I only have a tape measure, not a caliper. I eyeballed it out as:

TT OD = either 1 1/8" or 1 2/8", down tube is the same.

SS OD = 3/4", chainstays the same.

And it's got a 3" head tube.

But this doesn't account for tubing thickness, or whether the tubing's internally butted. And I sure as hell wouldn't trust thin, straight-gauge tubing (or double/triple butted) like this unless I knew for certain that the frame was heat-treated after welding (the Ares is).

Offline medl4

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 01:11:55 AM »
my terry adams, its from like 05 but they still had fresh ones on FF, cant beat 120 for this frame!

Offline medl4

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 01:14:30 AM »
my terry adams, its from like 05 but they still had fresh ones on FF, cant beat 120 for this frame!

hey im still very new to flat so does anyone know why my chain is sagging like that?
i tried pulling the wheel back but than it rubbed the frame, and i heard chain tensoners damage the axle

Offline throbster

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 11:17:17 AM »

AY EX47 07: Top tube and down tube diameter is 30mm. Seat and chain stays are 19mm. Head tube is 90mm.

The New AY EX47 08 tubing looks thinner.

Phatman

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
Thanks guys for the Estimates/measurements... I was thinking something along the lines of 1.275". I wasnt far off. Nice one :)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

AY EX47 07: Top tube and down tube diameter is 30mm. Seat and chain stays are 19mm. Head tube is 90mm.

The New AY EX47 08 tubing looks thinner.

I do know the 07 tubing was thinner but the diameter was bigger. 08 the tubbing is thicker but the diameter is smaller. This was explained to me by York Uno. I do not know the exact stats though.
I will ask York when he comes to my house next week for Voodoo.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »

hey im still very new to flat so does anyone know why my chain is sagging like that?
i tried pulling the wheel back but than it rubbed the frame, and i heard chain tensoners damage the axle
Chain tensioner!!!!!!! No axle problems. Put it on..
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Phatman

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »
Scott, That would make sense.. My guess as it was measured by a couple of people on here at about 1.26" O.D i would think it would be .049" Gauge.