Author Topic: new Zion flatland forks...  (Read 10197 times)

Budz

Re: new Zion flatland forks...
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 10:44:32 PM »
As well with the huge variety of stem heights, head tubes on frames are ranging a lot now too.  Oh, how I wish the flatland industry could have some standards that companies followed.
...or at least more options. like how we have the option of mounts on most forks, it would be nice if there was an option on steerer tube lengths. perhaps have some with a 165mm, some with 175mm, and for us tall dude who run our bars up high have a 185mm to 190mm size.
would be dope.
ive thought of a few ideas to run an extension on there, but just dont have the cash to prototype anything.

Prasheel

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:22 PM »
I know someone that had an extension welded on before.  I should talk to him and see how it held up to his riding.  One problem that you'd run in to is that you'd need a longer compression bolt, or have a new compression system put in with the extension.

While I think companies offering a variety of lengths would be a nice solution, it isn't feasible from their perspective.  I just don't get why they don't offer a long length....who doesn' have access to a hacksaw?!

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 11:11:25 PM »
There will be some fork with custom steerer tube lenght option  -_-

Budz

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
WORD! :beer:
any chance they will be available here in the US?

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »
ZION forks ?

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 10:49:18 PM »
I don't mean Zion... But they fork looks really cool ! Good job Zion and all good with next products ! :beer: