Author Topic: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup  (Read 12843 times)

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:38:46 AM »
I have been passing out tons of flyers for the event!  I think we will draw a nice size crowd of bmxers, bike messengers, mtn and roadies, as well as a hipster coffee shop kids.  That's just from the pool of people I have contact with.  I have no idea what the morning TV show will draw in?  Am prizes still rolling in.  If any competitors want to send me a quick bio that we can use during the comp it may make day of registration a little quicker.  I'm working on a short form for riders to fill out to inform the crowd about the riders.  AMs too!

brian

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »
I've promoted the hell out of the contest to all my clients, friends, friends of friends, and random strangers at the bar... Do you know if sirkins shop has fliers yet? I forgot to call and see if they have them... my friend at tareasa's pizza said he'll hand out fliers with the pizzas if I can get him some...
Hook it up!

See everyone next week!

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »
More prizes showed up today.  Some Revenge T's, Grips and kevlar beaded 1.95 tires.  Big thanks to Sean McKinney for the hookup.  I know how hard it is for small companies to give out product and I really appreciate the support.  RideBMX sent out some T's and a few DVD's, probably give them out to the spectators since their mostly street stuff. 

DJ and sound system is taken care of and should be dialed.  Confirmed the Friday Fox 8 morning show TV spot 7:45 Steph C and myself with the host.  1,000 flyers distributed to bikeshops, cool bar and coffee shops and record shops in the area.  Web flyer all over regional bicycle sites.  Stoked! 

I will have a form for the competitors to fill out at registration with just facts about themselves and music preferences for their runs. 

Friday night pre-jam at Chenga 2 should be a blast too.

Brian

timk4130!

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »
we have all needed this for so long!  looks like it is going to be a great turnout!  see all of you there!  take care....tim

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 10:24:28 PM »
I was up at chenga the other day.... I grabbed a small handfull of fliers and handed them out at the bar the other night....
Can't wait....
Im so not dialed! but its going to be fun as hell anyway!

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »
Heads up to anyone coming out from canada through detroit!
Check the events section thread for what im refering to...
you may run into traffic jams...

timk4130!

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »
just a few days away!

Prasheel

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
Team Ontario will be there.  Fenton, Lachlan, Alex Poirer, myself, and possibly Quinn and Paula will be in attendance.

Thank you Brian for the hard work you've put in.  This only came to my attention only two days ago (my fault for not realizing how close Cleveland is), but I'm making sure I'm there just to support your efforts and flatland.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 03:08:56 AM »
My pleasure Prasheel.  Stoked all you guys can make it!  When do you plan on arriving?  Will you make it in early enough to hit up Chenga 2 the night before?  Plan on throwing back a couple at the afterparty?

Got another box of Am prizes today.  From QBP, the US distributor of KHE.  Swiss miss bars, some Alchemy and Jessup pegs.  Stimulator pedals and a some other cool items. 

Prasheel

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »
We're looking to come in on Friday for the jam...just haven't been able to find any info regarding what time it takes place yet...anyone know?  Oh, and address could be helpful too for all the directions I'm going to be printing off tomorrow.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:35 AM »
The Friday pre-jam is at Chenga 2.  Guys will be coming into town all day so its pretty loose as far as start time.  Basically, anytime from 4pm til 10 or later depending on who is working at Chenga that night. 

chenga.cc  is their website.
14700 snow road | brookpark, oh 44142  is the address. 
It's pretty close to Cleveland Hopkins Airport if that helps at all.  PM me if you need any more info for Friday or Saturday.  Leave me a cell # if you can.
Oh and we'll have some directions to the afterparty at the comp Sat.
Thanks.

Brian

Offline Avram Moorey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 04:33:50 AM »
count in 3 more ams that are competing.  ;D ;D ;D :beer:

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 05:14:51 AM »
Awesome.
The format for the AM qualifying will be one minute and a half run.  Finals will be the same time with a last trick option. 

Pros.
1 two and a half minute qualifying run.  Finals top 8 seeded in brackets for one on one battles.
Battles will consist of 2 one and a half minute runs with a last trick option at the end of your second run.

time limits will be enforced during the battles to ensure that the competitors get equal time.

Brian

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 04:53:18 AM »
Steph Cerra just rolled into town.  He's doing the Fox 8 local morning show with me tomorrow.

Dane Beardsley registered today.  Andy Cooper is coming too, I don't think I mentioned that before.  Also, Dave Petrin and Ron Monis are coming out with Matt Wilhelm.  Not all the guys will make the Chenga Jam tomorrow but I think there will still be alot of guys there.  Can't wait.

Brian

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
What the hell time was that on? I tried to watch it, but couldn't figure out what time it was comin on so I dipped off to work in richmond heights....