Author Topic: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup  (Read 12844 times)

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 06:12:33 AM »
The registration link is now up.

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1584801

I have confirmation from Matt, Terry Adams, Steph Cerra, and Justin Miller so far... with a dozen others in the works.  Also, the AM class prize sponsors are adding up.  Drumming up some local media spots to get more people out to watch.  I'll keep you posted.

Brian

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »
i'm trying to get off of work for this one. crossing my fingers

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »
  I am dragging chris out of seclusion for this one too but I don't know if he will ride yet.  There should be a pretty good turnout for such short notice.  Look at how indy jam blew up and they started out very small the first year.  With planning this year may be great and if it goes annual it may get huge!

Offline TroyM

• PerspectivesBMX
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:26:12 AM »
I am pumped about this. 3 hours of driving is well worth. Im going to try my hardest to make it!

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 04:24:44 AM »
short notice?? you have 2 weeks what are you guys complaining about! 

Just kidding.  I completely understand and appreciate everybody that has changed their schedules, scraped together a couple bucks for gas$$ called their buddies, emailed some locals for a place to crash and all that.  Additional sponsors that have stepped up that didn't know anything about it when I called or sent an email.  Doing my best to get some extra media exposure not only for more spectators at the event but to get the pros a few opportunities to get coverage they can show their sponsors.  Legends Chris Young and Dave Schaefer will be just a few of the judges.  Thanks again for all the support so far guys.  See you soon.

Brian Rybak

Offline Aetsh

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 05:02:51 AM »
Pretty awesome! I'm really looking forward to coming out!

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »
Brian.

Glad to see what you are doing here!

Thanks
Scott
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 05:20:48 PM »
2 weeks away!
 :ph34r:
I should have a decent mob of people coming out to watch....

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 05:45:56 AM »
Yep, two weeks!  This week is Cleveland bicycle week all sorts of bike to work rides, bike advocacy stuff,  a bike to the movies at the Natural History Museum which I got a spot for Elusion to play in this big screen theatre.  Want to make sure all the local comp print flyers get done and out this week.  Apparently there is some big video-game tournament in Cleveland the same weekend too.  Thanks for the props Scott, your advice was a huge help. 

Brian

timk4130!

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
hey we all could go ride the niight before....then go be vidiots playing ea skate!  ha ha....im so looking forward to this....the am and pro class..the tricks....and the venue...this is going to be a awsome time...and the midwest has needed this for so long!

timk4130!

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »
two weeks!

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 01:15:42 AM »
I have Elusion playing at Bike to the Movies tonight at the Museum of Natural History.  Prime the cyclists in the area abit for the event.  Some print flyers will be at the event.  Working on a few other tie-ins this week. 

Got to ride today for a bit too.  First time in a couple weeks!! My riding time has turning into promotion time.  Felt good to get out for a few hours.  Cops showed up at the park I ride at to investigate some guy "trying to mess with some underage girls".  I steered clear of the whole thing and didn't get kicked out nice.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Brian

timk4130!

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 05:00:23 AM »
for those that havent seen elusion....maybe rybak can show it somewhere friday night... and then we can all session up at chenga ...what do you think guys? kinda like when we where all kids and we would watch a dorkin vid then go outside and bust out!

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 03:02:27 AM »
Got a package from Odyssey today.  Chris hooked it up!  Lots of Hardgoods!  With the prizes so far the Am's will be pretty stoked, with quite a bit more in transit!

timk4130!

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
next weekend!!!!!