Author Topic: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup  (Read 12847 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
Global-flat team member Balint Gabor aka Spix wrote a article about the Harlee Cup V. Check it out: Harlee Cup V.

Andy Wood is organizing the Wheelnuts Jam in the UK: "Birmingham Wheels Park, host of the 1983 European BMX Champs has seen its fair share of BMX history over the past 3 decades.  Sadly the curtain may be about to close on the legendary venue as the developers move in.  Wheelnuts Jam is a dirt comp and flatland jam which aims to rekindle the spirit of the bike park as it was when they had anything up to a thousand riders turning up to race meets. The flatland is on a concrete roller hockey rink.  There will be DJs, a merch and repairs stand, refreshments and prizes."

Last but not least Brian Rybak informed us about the Northcoast Flatland Battle which will take place on May 24th in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.

Offline Jesse

• Hitchhiker
Re: Northcoast Flatland Battle, Wheelnuts Jam, Harlee Cup
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
I probably could have made it to that contest if I knew about it before now...

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
I probably could have made it to that contest if I knew about it before now...

Sorry Jesse, we had it planned out months ago.  Then moved the location indoors to an upscale mall in downtown with balconies on both sides of the contest area!  I had to make the call on later announcement or possible rain-out.  We plan on making this an annual event so I'll get the word out early next time. 

Keep an eye out for additional sponsors and updates on pre-jam, afterparty and the like.  Thanks.

Brian Rybak

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
Could this be the key to getting cleveland flatland organized again?
I sure hope so.... seems I missed out on the huge scene.... when I first started riding, the first time I went to chenga, there were every friday flatland jams.... There must have been 20 riders back then...
That would be awesome if this were an anual thing.... :beer:

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »
8 hours for me, what scares me is the 322 miles on 80w. so hmmm. gas is expensive.
life is short. stunt it.

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »
Man, thats tempting. Only 4.5 hrs. from rochester new york. Just keep on th 90. Will have to see.

-m-

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:03:11 PM »
Thats not too bad of a drive really.... I-90 is a straight shot there...
And there really doesn't seem to be too many events within decent driving distance lined up for the summer either... I wouldn't miss it if your within driving distance!

timk4130!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »
this will be a great event..and alot of great people have taken time away from thier families and busy yet hectik schedules to help make this happen... like rybak had mentioned..it was better to find this upscale indoor mall area to have the comp then it would have been to cancel at last minute due to an outside venue and allways changing conditions in the midwest in may.... and also this gives rybak more time to spend on other things than watching the weather channel everyday...lol...thanks again to everyone that has helped out...and plans to help out in anyway...thanks again..and hope to see all of you there...tim   ...p.s..... if you need more info..head over to the website ...the direct link is in the events section...thanks.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »
Just spoke with Scott Powell about a Pre-Jam @ Chenga II the night before.  He was down with that,  have to come up with some fun and games for that too.

Trying to work out a better deal for hotels if anyone is interested in that route.  I currently have a nice one for like $69 a night right by the airport which is by chenga II.  But still working on something cheaper. 

Brian

timk4130!

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »
hitchhiker frisbee? cuz i dont think scott would go for gyrator frisbee...cuz pictures would get knocked off the walls.lol

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
Pictures, mirrors and giant beavers.

Offline matt wilhelm

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 01:00:30 AM »
This sounds like a fun contest.  I have been to the venue where the contest is going to be, and it should be awesome.  In fact, I can't believe that they are going to let us ride in there.

I don't think that there are going to be many contests this summer in the US if any, so this should be an event to go to... especially if we can make it an annual event.  Let's show our commitment to flatland events in the US and get a good turn out. 

There should also be some big pros there.  I just got off the phone with a few who plan on going too.

See you there.

Matt

timk4130!

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »
thanks matt for all your help and pushing flatland forward in the right direction in the u.s.a. ....like matt had mentioned...i cant believe we will be able to ride there as well... hope alot of you make it...because yes...there are not very many comps in the states...and hopefully this year people take notice and help or push more flatland events like this..and voo doo in the following years just like scott .terry.and brian are...now only if i could change the rain...lol...tim

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:14:36 AM »
Yes, the venue is awesome!
This is a really good opportunity to get some serious flatland exposure... The galeria is almost always ass-packed full of people... I can't think of any american contests that have been in a crowded mall environment since I've been riding... I've only seen videos of stuff like that in japan.

timk4130!

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 05:50:40 AM »
yeah..this is going to be a great venue... a frinkin mall...lol...anyways...ive been on and off the phone with rybak...and he has a great big anouncement on who has comfirmed that is coming to the comp....stay tuned....dam im so stoked...tim