Author Topic: Raphael Chiquet wins FISE  (Read 15166 times)

Offline Oltorf

• Cliffhanger
  • It's time to get serious!
Re: Raphael Chiquet wins FISE
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
Killer Chiquet really busted some solid stuff. The top ten pros are always getting shuffled around in the final placings. Seems like the top three just have less touches. That gives me hope in a way. hahaha
props raph
Sickchild           Sequence                    bmxfreestyler.com                           720 Action Sports

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »
Why does anyone here feel like they have the sixth sense to assume that Miller should have beaten Raph?

Just because someone is a good rider does not mean that they can't f*ck up constantly. Check Martti getting like 17th place or something ridiculous at the 2004 x games where Simon won. He didn't even qualify.

Stop assuming you know who is going to win based on your personal preferences. From what I can tell Raphael hit a super sick run with NO touches, and some really really original/hard tricks. What's to question here?

from all the footage I've seen, I think Waldemar deserved more. fast and versatile style, getting out of the most seriously complicated sh*t without any problems...

this guy is to continue rising.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 02:51:57 AM »
Raph is the sh*t!

I been working on tons of backwheel stuff. That sh*t he is doing is unworldy insanely hard to impossible! And smooth all day long.... not only that he never touched! 

Simply amazing and totally luv'n the backwheel action Raph...cooool stuff man!!

As far as I am concerned anyone who placed in the top are winners. I could never ride amongst those group of riders...sheesssh... that be funny...lol....so to even be in that league and placing last...I mean still look at the competition!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:53:47 AM by Boosted One »

Offline Brickhead

• Funky Chicken
  • No sir, you're a towel.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 04:06:26 AM »
So...why doesn't Lee Musselwhite compete? Or...does he? 
thanks

TJ Perry

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

from all the footage I've seen, I think Waldemar deserved more. fast and versatile style, getting out of the most seriously complicated sh*t without any problems...

this guy is to continue rising.

I saw the same footage you did from the video on here, and I can tell you that Waldemars stuff from IN CONTEST isn't nearly as hard as Raphs.

Max S

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
I personally don't see it.  It looks like virtually the same thing over and over and over again with little variation.  Not saying I could do it, but even if he didn't touch, I still don't see that beating out some of the other rider's runs even if they did have some touches.  I thought that several of the riders single "links" alone were better than his entire run.  Anyhow, on to the next comp. :beer:

planck

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 02:25:33 PM »
I think Raph deserved the win from what I've seen. Sure you can argue he's been doing the same/similar links in recent contests but so what. He's not being judged on whether or not he's bringing something new to the contest. They're all being judged on what they throw down plus consistency, style, difficulty. Raph's run has them all in bucket-loads.

Si.

blindingsun

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »
I think Raph deserved the win from what I've seen. Sure you can argue he's been doing the same/similar links in recent contests but so what. He's not being judged on whether or not he's bringing something new to the contest. They're all being judged on what they throw down plus consistency, style, difficulty. Raph's run has them all in bucket-loads.

Si.

agree'd but i think the BAD team should all lose points for style. cos they all look pretty gay tbh.

Offline asd123

• Forkglider
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 06:03:27 PM »
agree'd but i think the BAD team should all lose points for style. cos they all look pretty gay tbh.
and you look so cool!...

TJ Perry

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 09:26:01 PM »

Personally I think they have a pretty rad style and have mad respect for going out and dressing differently than everyone else.

blindingsun

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »
and you look so cool!...

you've got 18 posts. how the f*ck do u know what i look like?

TJ Perry

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »

you've got 18 posts. how the f*ck do u know what i look like?

From the pictures you put up of yourself a while back. just because someone posts 18 times doesn't mean they havn't lurked for years.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
----Jeez, somebody give the fashion police a day off. If they could ride half as good as the French crew, they'd have the confidence to ride mis-matched wheels/tires and wear short shorts in comps ha-ha.  :mellow:

jffe

Offline phil dolan

• Forkglider
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
Raph has opened up what is possible on the backwheel in a completely new and original way.all riders should appreciate that ,if you cant see that you should'nt talk sh*t about something you dont understand.raph brought the future into the present.congrats on your win raph ,long overdue phil

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
just because someone posts 18 times doesn't mean they havn't lurked for years.

words taken out of my mouth :beer: