Author Topic: Raphael Chiquet wins FISE  (Read 15242 times)

Budz

Re: Raphael Chiquet wins FISE
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
really SOLID run indeed, BUT its basically the same run he has been doing and not winning with for a long time now. im thinkin he placed 1st because he didnt touch down? and/or the other riders didnt bring their "a-game"?
to me, that wasnt a run to beat all those big hitters with.
like i said, that run hasnt won for him in the past, so why now?
something has a weird stink to it.
and before im attacked for being a hater-relax...im not hatin. i think Raphs pivots are dope!
BUT...being that he is riding in a seriously sick and talented pro class, i think he should come to the table with a little more variety to deserve that win.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
----I don't understand why Raph quit doing front wheel stuff, he had some wicked front wheel moves, seems like he could mix & match and always hit the top 5. And what's with the &fmt=18 code ? I added it, and hit *refresh*, and it looked exactly the same. If that worked, then why wouldn't all videos just have it to start with ?!

jffe

Offline muer-d

• Hitchhiker
    • bmxcastellon
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 08:50:58 PM »
yes really solid and repetitive but :
"i think Raphs pivots are dope!" do really think it :-O he is so fast

i think a lot of riders do the same routines with very few variations in the same year. dandois isn't an exception  or viki or any Japanese rider

I see raphael riding on the front wheel year ago now ride on rear wheel I think that difference it from the others and bring new style  and creativity
el dolor es pasajero la gloria para siempre
http://bmxcs.blogspot.com/

flatliner

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 09:04:33 PM »
Not a huge fan of Raph's backwheel tricks, but i agree with the judges. He didn't scuff or touch at all from what i saw. I sure wasn't expecting that footjam decade towards the end.

Everything was smooth and Raph. reminds me of a Dradle.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 10:52:05 PM »
already seen

katobmx

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »
Because raph i've become obsessed with rear wheel tricks,but I still can't comprehend the stable duck.A well deserved win.

Offline mizo

• Forkglider
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:30 PM »
his run was perfect, ok  we have seen it so many times, but its still insane!!! congrats!!!  :beer:

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 11:55:58 PM »
yo misael how are you doing man?

i think 90% of riders nowdays have standard combos that they prepare.
and also why people think raphaels backwheel tricks are nt so dificult as other top riders in pro class?

katobmx

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 12:09:11 AM »
yo misael how are you doing man?

i think 90% of riders nowdays have standard combos that they prepare.
and also why people think raphaels backwheel tricks are nt so dificult as other top riders in pro class?

I have no idea.Although Raph does do the same combo I've never seen anyone do a link like that.When you link tricks so fast and smooth to the point where a viewer can't tell how a rider got from trick a to trick b thats true mastery of a bike

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:05 AM »
Chiquet's run was awesome, I do really like his style - even if I think tottaly giving up the front wheel was the biggist mistake he has made.

However, before I can say if he deserved the win or not, I need to see Millers run.

As much as I rate Miller over Chiquet anyday - its about what happened on THAT day - if Miller wasnt on top game then fair play Chiquet, but i'd love to see Millers run.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

TJ Perry

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »
Why does anyone here feel like they have the sixth sense to assume that Miller should have beaten Raph?

Just because someone is a good rider does not mean that they can't f*ck up constantly. Check Martti getting like 17th place or something ridiculous at the 2004 x games where Simon won. He didn't even qualify.

Stop assuming you know who is going to win based on your personal preferences. From what I can tell Raphael hit a super sick run with NO touches, and some really really original/hard tricks. What's to question here?

rully

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 03:30:31 AM »
why i can't do even 1% of his trick?

that's the question right there.

kdac

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 05:14:59 AM »
do you think that at the end of his run he was like, "I think i'll do a whopper" and then just busts it? f*cktarded, yeah ive seen it before but never that smooth or clean.  grats raph,  your rock my socks

Offline flatlandspc

• Forkglider
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 05:35:10 AM »
incredible run of Raph, he deserves the victory, i can`t understand why are people that just like to criticize, maybe you have to ask yourself why you can`t be so original and can`t so so many hard things like he does if you are better than he you can say that he do not deserves to be in 1st place i you can`t  beat him just do not say nothing.
and about he does the same other times, is true but, how many time do you use to change all that you do??? so last year he rides front wheel and now he rides back wheel so, can you change an let out a lot of your tricks and do new and original tricks in the same time that he does??? ask yourself and after you can question what others do.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:44:24 AM by flatlandspc »

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »
He was smooth as glass, tweaked his positions nicely, no touch run with foot jam decade rideout and whopper rideout...what's not to like?