Author Topic: no music = good for riding?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
no music = good for riding?
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »
i notice when i don't use music i have a big difference when i'm learning tricks and they feel easier to do

i think i'm going to stop listening to music when i practice ^_^

anyone else ever noticed?
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Offline Bivol

• Funky Chicken
  • April Fool
    • http://www.how2flat.ru
Re: no music = good for riding?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
yes, i never ride with music... probably because i don't have one... =)
But I just love ridin' alone in the evening, going out just before the sunset, whet it is already not so hot in the streets and there are almost no cars... big parking, sunset, just me, my bike, my thoughts, and sounds of streets... i love it =))

Offline FLATDADDY

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:37:46 PM »
Yes, riding without music in your ear is easier as our balance in general as humans is greatly affected by our inner ear.Headphones can throw your balance off and you won't really notice it until you take them off. I like riding with music but just have an old school boombox style radio that works well and doesn't throw off the balance. Music however is as good for the session as it is for the soul. Though you can adapt and get used to anything. Just about every pro rider through the years has used one. 

Offline Mr.Proctor

• Team
  • Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:20 AM »
i dont know but i always thought that i ride alrigth with music,but i think ill try it with out music and see how i do...

sam

Offline tolites

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:44:18 AM »
yes, i do notice that too. probably, depending on the music your listening to, if it is hard rock which i sometimes do listen to tends to lesten my balance probably because i do focus on the music rather than the tricks but when i listen to somewhat mellow like jazz or reggae i tend to focus on the tricks so i find it easy to balance. but i do most of the time not to listen to music just to focus more on the tricks.

Offline alonso

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:10:40 AM »
some times i ride with music, is very good,  but when i trying  a new or dangerous trick the music not allow concentration, for this kind of tricks is better the silence.  :wacko:

Offline Ovidiu M.

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:16:41 PM »
is nice to ride whit music but house or tehno i like and rock some times  ^_^ :rolleyes: ;D
" Riding "

Offline 666

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 11:46:08 PM »
i love music, if it's comes from speakers.
this may sound weird, but when i use earphones, i can't hear the little noises my bike makes, and that throws me off.

besides, i usually ride with friends and i prefer chatting.

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 08:10:36 AM »
i need to ride with music. it relieves the stress, hehe. nothing pumps you up more than good music flowing through your body. riding with music makes me ride longer...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:33:38 AM by griOt »
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline deryk

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 03:28:41 PM »
oh yeah, music motivates me to ride longer, and will get me pumped if i hear a song i want to listen to, but sometimes, when you get going, its good to take the headphones off for a second.  thats usually when i can pull the link ive been stressing.  oh and a little smokey smoke never hurt anybody either  :rolleyes:
if youre gonna do it,
effin pull it!

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 10:36:04 PM »
sometimes i also ride with music. this hepls me to relax and concentrate more on the tricks... i won't get bored if i listen to music but sometimes it's better to ride without music and only listen to the sound of your bike and the sound of the tires i think that's cool too. it all depend on the mood i'm in... i think you shouldn'tz listen to fast music because it turns you on and you wanna ride to the rythm and that's impossibe(or just very very hard)...
the point is: listen music if you need it but sometimes it's more comfortable when it's just you and the piece of metal that moves exactly as you want it to move -_-
flatland lives!

Offline FlowCash

• GF Inhabitant
  • Warum Flatland? Weil ich kann!!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »
I love to ride with music. without music i can´t ride as long as i can ride with it, because the flow of the music gets me to ride again and again and pushes me up.

Offline HeQ

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »
I like to listen to music when i ride.  It makes better feeling. Also i like to ride alone. Sometimes a frend is good to be... ;D

Offline Fundamental

• Forkglider
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 06:42:40 PM »
I don't listen through headphones because it does throw off my balance. I do like to bring a stereo though, the music acts as a muse. When I'm frusterated trying to land a trick, sometimes the best thing I could do is listen to some Tool.