Author Topic: updates from Chris Ridener of Flatmonkeybmx.com  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
updates from Chris Ridener of Flatmonkeybmx.com
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
Chris Ridener of Flatmonkeybmx.com was recently featured by CNN for his outreach doing flatland shows and promoting healthy, positive lifestyles to youth. Check it the video here.

Chris will be performing two shows in Vincennes, Indiana on April 17-20 to raise money for the March of Dimes. You can see him at the local Wal-mart and the YMCA.

On Flatmonkeybmx.com, Chris recently recognized pro rider Rodney Williams, a long time friend who has helped Chris with his outreach in the San Antonio area. Flatmonkeybmx will be supporting Rodney as a sponsor this year.

Lastly, Flatmonkeybmx has picked up 1in3Trinity Energy Drink as a sponsor. 1in3Trinity is a faith-based lifestyle company, excited to have Chris and the Flatmonkey team helping to promote their faith and BMX along side 1in3Trinity.
See out Flatmonkeybmx for more details!

Offline bmxflat904

Re: updates from Chris Ridener of Flatmonkeybmx.com
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »
I have tried to start my own Christain based events with even my own videos. Well, im still trying but i dont have any support or the money. Thats all because im only 17 but i can put on a good bmx flatland show. I rode infront of my school which is more than 3000 students and they all agreed that i could one day start my own Christain events. I plan to ride again in the 12th grade with a more varaity of tricks like kk to hitch to kk to hangfive to hang nothing to backpacker. Oh i also have a Christain video magazine name im trying to make popular: REVE7ATION VIDEO MAGAZINE...... peace out  -_-  Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »
cool that he is promoting flatland, but i don't necessary agree with using flatland as a way to spread religion. good on him for doing it though.

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »
Hey this is Chris from Flatmonkey...in terms of the first post bro get a hold of me because I started on a super shoe string budget and still do so.  E-mail me at flatmonkeybmx@sbcglobal.net and give me your number and I will call you and give you some hints and tips to save and raise money.

In terms of the second post....I agree with you!  You may be shocked or be like what do you mean....I seperate my program into three to four different sections or events...If a church or Christian group invites me I discuss Christian topics....if a school, festival, or other event invites me I keep it to different topics that effect youth....and to showing others that flatland is fun and creative....My wesbite is Christian based because I do not hide my faith or the fact that I have a love for God....I know not everyone agrees but, my organization is about doing positive things in general.  I belive in spreading the good news and many would be surprised to know how many other flatlanders I know doing the same thing....but, the reason I agree with you as I mentioned is because flatland is about freedom and I believe you have the freedom to state how you feel and I respect that....but, I do many positive mainstream events that does not always mention God or Christianity but, I do not hide that I am and I wear and use Christian products all the time...at shows, when I compete ect....My main purpose here at Global is to let riders know we are here to help support in anyway we can and riders can contact us for resources, references, and help with events, personal issues, to discuss riding, and so on....But, as a military member the one thing I pride myself is I feel everyone has the right to speak their mind and appreciate your feedback and stating your mind....I think it is cool when someone is not afraid to state what they think! 

Peace and stay posted at Flatmonkey Bmx for cool stuff coming.

Thanks;

Chris

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
...I do not hide my faith or the fact that I have a love for God....I know not everyone agrees but, my organization is about doing positive things in general..

Well stated!  Thanks for all you are doing for the Kingdom and for flatland too.

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »
Thanks Matt!  To any others reading this post please note I am not attacking anyones beliefs or thoughts.....People have a freedom of choice.  Yes, my outreach does involve Christianity and I like to have it there for people to go who wish to seek more information.  However, Flatmonkey Bmx is also for you riders to send articles, pictures, and eventually contest and other cool stuff.  We also work with businesses to get items to send to flatland events like Voodoo and Indy.......Christianity is one aspect of what we do and our proud of it...but, there is much more as well....plus if riders out there do want to know more we are here to help and guide!   Peace and good health to all those in the Flatland Brotherhood...those go to Voodoo I will see you all in May!

Chris