Author Topic: Toronto Bike Month: May 26 - June 21st  (Read 2298 times)

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Toronto Bike Month: May 26 - June 21st
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »
What was The Toronto Bike Week is now The Toronto Bike Month!

I know during this event CineCycle/Martin will be showcasing Bike films, this includes BMX/Flatland footage ...uuuuhhhhhh... ELUSION.

The Toronto Bike Event Organizers want the ASC to do something, well depending on the right space and time, then we shall consider. I have mentioned to them about proper BMX representation and ASC is no longer doing 7am demos or such during this time. So...

I have been told "how about the Exhibition place?" I think that would be cool(large space, good concrete, but if anyone has a few suggestions for a Jam space/location, let me know.
Dundas Square was my suggestion, but they don't have the budget for such, if they had met me in someway, then I would have rented that space, so that venue is out, unless ASC gets additional sponsorship from another source. That space has been in my head since last year. I would want to rent their film screen too, Elusion and other BMX Footage would be great on the  Dundas Square big screen. ANYWAY....

I'll suggest TD Bank itself(I don't think that will jell with them, no hurting to ask).
Being that I am a Mississauga Gal, help me out with some locations that are conducive for riding/jamming in Toronto.

Thanks
Neela

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:00:21 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Toronto Bike Month: May 26 - June 21st
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
I didn't think that TD would *Sparkle* with any higher ups really. Christie Pitts in High Park is another spot thats really nice to ride in. Its more or less a big open hockey rink. Dundas Square is iffy, the ground isnt really all that level and I've been chased out of there too many times for anyone to like me.

Exhibition place would be great as well. Just slap some plywood down or find a nice big open section of asphault and I'm set!

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:36:12 AM »
The exhibition place sounds good, not sure what area they have in mind, but shall know soon.
I'll mention Christie Pitts...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
THIS IS WHAT IS IN THE WORKS NOT FINALIZED YET FROM THE INFORMATION WE"VE RECEIVED:

The Jam during the TO Bike Month would be part of the 2008 BFF(Bicycle Film Festival,June 18 -21). So the BFF is early this year. The BMX/Flatland JAM is similar to last year's BBF BMX/Flatland Jam that was held at the Wallace Emerson Park but bigger scale being that it will be at the EX. The Dufferin Wallance BMX park had a fire.

They are considering a JAM/SHOW/BBQ at the Bandshell Park near the Dufferin entrance. The Jam with the show(number of bands involved) will be on Thursday June 19, from 4 til 11pm. There would also be the opportunity for booths to be set up as well as a beer garden.  ASC initiated the first BFF Jam and was one of the sponsors. This year it is taking place on a week day, from our perspective we would consider this as a casual ride day, come whenever after 4 pm. We've been approached to be involved again, our concern is they provide/secure appropriate riding space for Flatland in regards to BMX. Being this is on work day that's all we can do for this event.

You all are Flatlanders, we understand you all would want your own exclusive Flatland event, and the ASC would want to accommodate for such.  We are considering June 14, 15, 2008 at the Port Credit Arena.  Shall know soon if ASC can get the rink.

There is much happening in Ontario during June if all is a go.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:29:04 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:08:36 PM »
Neela, you are a godsend, thank you very much!

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
Neela, you are a godsend, thank you very much!

AH TOfalt...that's funny...I sure many people would say different.  :disco:
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

apoirier

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »
As long as I can conjure up some cash after going to Voodoo I'll be there no doubt!

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »
Cmon Al, put me in your suitcase, just punch a few airholes and I'll be fine.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:34 AM »
Hey Riders, ASC is lookin' at June 13-15 for a Flatland Event.

I should be getting confirmation very soon about the Port Credit Arena...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE