Author Topic: ft.Walton beach,Destin,FL  (Read 3114 times)

Offline jzgm

ft.Walton beach,Destin,FL
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:37:32 AM »
Are there any riders around this area?

i'm new here and don't know where to find you out

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ft.Walton beach,Destin,FL
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:27:53 AM »
im close to Ft Lauterdale area ( a little bit north tho )
and I know there is a fiew florida riders here.
its just hard to find em.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline enojy

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 07:04:58 AM »
i'm from melbourne, just checking in as a FL rider :) i actually don't ride all that often but i'd love to meet up with some people to spark my interest.  never met anyone else that rides flat in my area.

ozz

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
i live in naples fla i wont to go ride today i will diver

Offline RicanRider

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:25:22 AM »
Sup guys!! I notice we are all scattered throughout Florida. I myself am in Miami, which is South florida.

Ft Walton Beach is northern by  tip of the sate. Sory dude but you way far from a lot of us. But keep up your efforts and you'll run into someone close to you. Until the time comes we all take a trip and meet at paradise spot, let us stay in touch through here and IM's.

Theres plenty of riders around Orlando (central FL) and i know a few myself in south miami but you will NOT find them on this site. So word of mouth and whatnot is still our best bet.

Just like alot of us who ride alone, doesnt mean there isn't someone on the next block riding alone as well. Sometimes it might be worth riding around or traveling further to new spots and running into other riders, done it myself a few times.

As for little kids on bikes harrasing you to show them tricks...tell them to modify their bike first then find you again to learn some tricks, works for me.

Ride safe guys (and girls?)....wouldnt that be awesome to ride with a chick. oh and in case you know chicks who like what u do.....why not let them give it a shot. Might just make them your next flat buddy. :mellow: Word?

reach me... AIM is DoubleRicanRider

Good luck.
Throw on some tunes & make sweet tender love to your byke.

Offline Claude

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »
Going to be in Destin, FL area this weekend (June 26-July1st).  I'd love to connect with some flatlanders in the area.  Been riding for many years.  Shoot me a message if you want to get together.

CH

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 03:57:35 AM »
Try Mobile..which is tons closer than all these oyther people weighing in.]

Just the other side of Pensecola...

3 hours at most?

As far s local I know Zach lives/lived there.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline Claude

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 04:02:51 AM »
Thanks bro.  Know any spots or parks in Destin / Ft. Walton to hit up?

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »
Destin is closer to New Orleans than Orlando, and closer to Lake Charles than Miami. It's about the same distance from Destin to Miami as it is from Destin to Houston. Florida is freakin' enormous.  I make my way to Pensacola about once a year. I'll be in Pensacola the last weekend in July. Unfortunately I won't have time to ride.

If someone threw a contest or jam on the gulf coast, I know people would show up. It's some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, and it's hardly ever crowded.