Author Topic: Exclusive: first photos of Alex Jumelins Paris frame  (Read 19163 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Exclusive: first photos of Alex Jumelins Paris frame
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:54:33 PM »

Today we are really proud to present you the first 8 detailed photos of Alex Jumelins KHE signature frame. The frame is named after the capital of france: Paris. It's the first 100% heat treated CrMo frame made of 4130 Japan Sanko CrMo. The heat treatment and the solid classic geometry make the frame very strong. But at the same time it's one of the lightest bmx frames ever made: 1.55 kg = 3.41 lbs.

Have a look at the photos to find out about all the details like the CNC-holes in the seattube and bottom bracket. Of course we also have the technical specifications for you:

Weight: 1.55 kg = 3.41 lbs
Top Tube Length: 18.78"
Chainstay Length: 12.91"
Head Tube Angle: 74.5°
Seat Tube Angle: 71°

The frame just arrived in the KHE headquarters and will now be tested by Alex.

Offline deryk

• Funky Chicken
Re: Exclusive: first photos of Alex Jumelins Paris frame
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »
that bike looks deliciously simple
3.41 lbs, isnt that what his ti choice weighed.
that bike is friggin sexy
if youre gonna do it,
effin pull it!

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:13:03 PM »
lol that bike looks good except those cnc holes.. i think they are unnecessary but the geomerty is cool... i like it but i think that Bram's frame is better :P
1.55 kg???? i'm curious about itŰ's look when it's all built up...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:16:11 PM by spix »
flatland lives!

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »
That thing is Dope! how refreshing, clean, simple, and it looks like a "BMX frame" & still looks trick. 

Flat-ism

blindingsun

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »
im not gonna lie...looks boring.. the St martin downtown did it better.
and when will this lightness trend stop.. do we really need holes to get our fingers ripped off with,,. i thought sirencer pegs were bad enough,,but this lightness trend is getting stupid.  i want my hoffman ep back.
grow some muscles..take a dump.
stop bein weight fags..go ride mountain bikes ffs.
when is it gonna stoppppppppppppppppppp

Offline Badman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 09:14:48 AM »
im not gonna lie...looks boring... do we really need holes to get our fingers ripped off with...grow some muscles..take a dump.

Function before fashion son.  I think the frame is great: simple and practical.  Shows some innovation, i'm sure most flatlanders would know something of this.

Speaking of innovation, i'm curious to see what tricks your doing where your holding the seat tube and/or BB especially if you're worried about getting your fingers caught there...

Offline Jack-O.

• Hitchhiker
Re : Exclusive: first photos of Alex Jumelins Paris frame
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 09:47:20 AM »
I like it, exept the stickerset, and why don't reduce weight while it's possible? It's all about subjective preference.
Regarding to the Name Alex Jumelins signature frame, it's possible to point out that it is a frame made for Alex Jumelin and not for you! Please don't complain about lightweight frames in this topic, simply add your comments to the frame!

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »
WOW
1.52 kg??? Huh, it's actually lighter than his ti ares used to be, it's lighter than any other frame available on market. CRAZYNESS. But why euro bb? We need spanish, it's even lighter than way.
Those dropouts look scary though, very thin and small. Hopefully Alex isn't gonna brake a bunch of these bad boys.

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 12:09:58 PM »
KHE always uses euro bb... Blindigsun: yeah muscles are not possible in the future of flatland -_-
i was so proud of mines but they are going to disappear as my bike gets lighter... :angry:

lightest bike:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 12:11:56 PM by spix »
flatland lives!

Offline Tikhonov Dmitry

• Funky Chicken
    • bmxzone.ru
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
Down town + Eastern bikes Ripper frame= alex signature "frame"
ride bmx, ride flatland , ride street, ride girl, ride beer

Offline FlowCash

• GF Inhabitant
  • Warum Flatland? Weil ich kann!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »
@TuXoH:youre right. but i think it looks better than the downtown. i think that would be my new frame when it comes out. and @ spix: than you have to do tricks where you need muscles like pedalsteams or some like this.

Offline BERTFLAT

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
i like the frame and i think its great like other khe frames but when and where could you buy all those limited edition  frames?

blindingsun

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 08:29:43 PM »
im not gonna lie...looks boring... do we really need holes to get our fingers ripped off with...grow some muscles..take a dump.

Function before fashion son.  I think the frame is great: simple and practical.  Shows some innovation, i'm sure most flatlanders would know something of this.

Speaking of innovation, i'm curious to see what tricks your doing where your holding the seat tube and/or BB especially if you're worried about getting your fingers caught there...

well that would be tellin now innit....

Offline FlowCash

• GF Inhabitant
  • Warum Flatland? Weil ich kann!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 09:56:11 PM »
i like the frame and i think its great like other khe frames but when and where could you buy all those limited edition  frames?

I asked TG about the RIP Frame and he said, that it comes out in 2 months. the others are just prototypes and they are not tested enough yet. so it would take a bit of time before they come out...

Offline Manuel Bernardo @ Wuppertal

• GF Inhabitant
  • pegs, beer and rock'n roll...
    • born-to-bmx.de
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 10:44:31 PM »

I asked TG about the RIP Frame and he said, that it comes out in 2 months. the others are just prototypes and they are not tested enough yet. so it would take a bit of time before they come out...

so it should also be, so that later everyone can be content