Author Topic: Props to Fat Tony  (Read 2090 times)

Props to Fat Tony
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »
I picked up a Ride recently with a ton of "cool" pics in it.

Man, Fat Tony has some serious skills behind the lens!

Loved the shot in the desert, and the pic on the roof in the shanty town was EXCELLENT.

Send me a high res, and I'll output a poster of them for you.

Great job!

This type of exposure really gets flatland out there. Those two pics were the best in the whole magazine.

timk4130

Re: Props to Fat Tony
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »
the only problem i have with RIDE U.S.  is  that it is a different  type of magazine  aimed at a different rider. same goes for BMX PLUS , CREAM, AND DIG MAGAZINE.

all are good to read, and look @ , but  when politics come into play , its hard to push one  type of riding over the other, when you have a certain type of reader/rider customer base.

thanks for posting this though Glenn.

take care-

tim

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »
I just got served via text message. Turns out Fat does ride flat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:25:28 PM by Mr.Jowee »

TJ Perry

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
I've really really enjoyed and respected his work for some time. I'm glad we have dedicated photographers that see the artistic merits in photographing flatlanders, because I think for how abstract flatland is, it's one of the few sports where almost every moment paints a beautiful unique and substantial picture, with every photograph taken of every rider every where at any time.

Offline Fat Tony

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »
Thank you. All of you.

I'll keep them coming. I have a lot of flatland things in the works for the Ride website and magazine. Keep your eyes peeled for Matt Wilhelm and Chad Johnston in the mag, the Costa Rica trip in the mag, Chad Johnston on the web, Chase G. and Justin Miller on the web...and more.

timk4130!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 03:04:50 AM »
Thank you. All of you.

I'll keep them coming. I have a lot of flatland things in the works for the Ride website and magazine. Keep your eyes peeled for Matt Wilhelm and Chad Johnston in the mag, the Costa Rica trip in the mag, Chad Johnston on the web, Chase G. and Justin Miller on the web...and more.

thank you again tony for making me want to pick up  ride usa  and give it another look  on the news stands!

take care-

tim

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 03:20:04 AM »
Fat Tony is Phat!

Budz

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:17 AM »
Tony, if u see Jeff Z, tell that fool he better hit me up next time hes in the home area! i miss that dude!
btw...yea, great work. keep it comin. :beer:

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
Saw the pics...GREAT!
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE