Author Topic: mid- to hightop shoes?  (Read 2308 times)

timk4130

mid- to hightop shoes?
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:38:20 AM »
does anyone run mid-to high top shoes here?

ive used inopia mids, and those are the best! but you cant find them anymore, witch honestly blows!!!!!!
and  have used loteks on, and off for  a bit now, and just cant either get them broke in, or cant feel my foot on the pegs, or pedal.....................

anyone have any opinions on what works best for them??????????
something in between of feeling your foot on your  peg, and being comfortable  while keeping your ankle  from rolling out on you????????

im just wanting to move to something more to stabalize my ankle  a little more than what it is now from some of the pedal and frame tricks ive been working on  the last few days.

(i guess  some how  this could of  probally went into that peg diameter thread,but didnt want it to go off topic)

thanks!

take care-

tim

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
Re: mid- to hightop shoes?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:18 AM »
I just bought some Nike Air Prestige mids a few days ago. They pwn as always

the few, the proud, the flatlanders

timk4130

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:36:11 AM »
awesome, but if i remember correctly , thats why i wore converse  a few years back , because it seemed every pair i would ever come across  was not wide enough for my foot.....

is it different now?

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:54:35 AM »
Yeah these should be wide enough for you. They are not narrow, i know what you mean. i hate narrow shoes. these are like skate shoe width
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
Adidas Forums HI's, when I can hunt them down.
Flat-ism

Offline lJohnnyTheFoxl

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
Tim,

concerning mid to high top shoes.....contact Chase. Nobody has more experience, knowledge or opinions about flatland shoes than Chase Gouin. He will guide you to the correct Nikes for your needs. If only somebody would make his signature shoe for him. It would be all anyone would wear.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

TJ Perry

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:44:17 PM »
Tim,

concerning mid to high top shoes.....contact Chase. Nobody has more experience, knowledge or opinions about flatland shoes than Chase Gouin. He will guide you to the correct Nikes for your needs. If only somebody would make his signature shoe for him. It would be all anyone would wear.

The Chase Gouin signature shoe - brought to you by adbusters and Alice in Chains.

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:45:32 PM »

Snagged them off ebay. gonna break them in soon.  I have a lo-top sneaker version that does great. Unfortunately i bought them out of state on a road trip.

BITD it was
1-this style Vision
2- British Knights
3-Puma
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 06:03:10 PM by Polish Ox »

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
i just got some new DCs... mids. didnt try em though. I got some addidas that i find work GREAT and i can really get them to flex after i broke them in. a good bit of support to. if you really like support, try an ankle brace. its like a sock, just tight. i wore one for a while after i got off of my crutches. ;D ;D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

timk4130

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 12:27:29 AM »
if you really like support, try an ankle brace. its like a sock, just tight. i wore one for a while after i got off of my crutches. ;D ;D

im already riding on ankle supports......... and this is one reason  why i started this thread.
i think they have helped tremendously for  pedal , and frame back wheel tricks!

thanks !!!

tim

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 03:09:09 AM »
Ya know, I couldn't possibly think of an answer to this question.  I keep hitting my ankles and it hurts, would shoes help my ankle out?  I think I will not think and ask the mass.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.