Author Topic: Riding at night and F**cking Mc Circles  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Riding at night and F**cking Mc Circles
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 10:49:19 PM »
sometimes i practice walking & riding straight with my eyes closed...  i couldn't imagine doing anything complicated sans vision but i suppose if one could ride without seeing, it would be the ultimate level of balance...  maybe riding at night will ultimately make you a better rider because it will force you to focus on the feel rather than the look?  and we all know looks can be deceiving
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
sometimes i practice walking & riding straight with my eyes closed...  i couldn't imagine doing anything complicated sans vision but i suppose if one could ride without seeing, it would be the ultimate level of balance...  maybe riding at night will ultimately make you a better rider because it will force you to focus on the feel rather than the look?  and we all know looks can be deceiving

Surely noone could bring themselves to flatland with their eyes closed though and then having them open under the lights would disorientate you automatically?

Although come to think of it, I saw a Japanese rider riding blindfolded once, on a BMX Masters vid; only McCircles though. Those crazy japs. :P

Offline hijito

• Backpacker
  • Korosu!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »
Why are you learning McCircles? They're not cool...

:P

I hate riding under orange lights, I couldn't even do a Kkruiser to a Halfpacker even when thats one of my most dialed links. Grr frustrating.

offtopic: seen a video from you a while ago. is that halfpacker to crackpacker switch a matter of balance (learning cracpacker switchfooted) or a matter of speed (doing it fast)

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »

I hate riding under orange lights, I couldn't even do a Kkruiser to a Halfpacker even when thats one of my most dialed links. Grr frustrating.

offtopic: seen a video from you a while ago. is that halfpacker to crackpacker switch a matter of balance (learning cracpacker switchfooted) or a matter of speed (doing it fast)

Doing it swiftly helps so you can regain your balance in a Crackpacker sooner and having a strong grip on your right hand keeps the front end more upright instead of it having a tendancy to fall into your spin, as it's just your inside foot on the peg. I've only pulled it 4 times, I hardly know it. :P

h_man

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 12:59:15 AM »

What do you mean mccircles are not cool what sort of moronic statement is that , this is riding there are no rules tell Mark Mckee that he invented the trick next time i see Marrti Kuoppa ride into a spinning hitchiker from a mccircle i'll let him know " they are not cool" .My god people do what ever you like who's to tell you not to NOBODY this is our creative outlet not a lesson in "what's cool" Andy sort out that comment or i'll spend all day bunnyhopping now that's not cool.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »

What do you mean mccircles are not cool what sort of moronic statement is that , this is riding there are no rules tell Mark Mckee that he invented the trick next time i see Marrti Kuoppa ride into a spinning hitchiker from a mccircle i'll let him know " they are not cool" .My god people do what ever you like who's to tell you not to NOBODY this is our creative outlet not a lesson in "what's cool" Andy sort out that comment or i'll spend all day bunnyhopping now that's not cool.

Dude, I think he was joking... read the "Am I lame for not doing McCircles?" topic, and you'll see why mccircles have become a kind of punchline lately.

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

I was referring to the "Am I lame for not doing McCircles?" topic. :P

Don't worry!, me and McCircles are cool with each other, we're friends, it's all cool. lol