Author Topic: Flatmonkey Flatland Shows  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Axlepeg

• Funky Chicken
Re: Flatmonkey Flatland Shows
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »
Props out to ya, Chris!

Keep up the good work, man...

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
Yep, on a serious note, this guy is doing a great job , promoting our sport and helping kids get into the sport. He sounds like a busy guy with alot of commitments, he's inspirational.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »
Great job Chris.

If you guys want to get more people involved in the sport, This is what we need.

Guys like Chris that are willing to go around and show kids what can be done on a bike.

Plus, he shows them how.

Teaching a kid how to hang 5 for his first tricks makes flatland seem so hard they will never keep at it. (in my opinion).

We need more true basic tricks to get kids going, You know the kind you can learn in half an hour and put into your trictionary.

I've been considering doing something like this in my area... But, its hard to find time, with everything else I do.

Impressive job Chris!

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
Once again guys thanks for the support and great words!  TJ thanks for the donation and so you know we are putting this towards some bikes we are purchasing for our Flatland School at the Boys and Girls Club...Yes we are even providing the bikes so some of the kids who do not have bikes can participate...Another comment I read is exactly what we are doing starting kids out with some basics and teaching them how to link them together.  We also every three weeks or so will put on a small contest for them for fun with trophies and shirts and such.   I have also received a lot of e-mails and seen some of you who are interested or may be interested in doing stuff like this in your area.  I think that is cool and if you need help setiing something up even small just let me know and I will shoot my number to you and help anyway I can.   I wish I could compete more and attend more jams so I could meet and ride with most of you....We are having a contest/jam in Burkburnett, TX for any of you interested in April...Anyone will be welcome but, with everything we are doing we are seeing if we can raise some pro cash through some companies before we annouce everything 100% official.   I will keep everyone posted and we will continue to update the site:

By the way I just interviewed Brett Downs the other night and this is now up on the News section so check it out if you have not done so already:

God Bless all of you;

Chris